Ch145 - Noticeably observant

"Why wouldn't you want me to know about all of this?" I asked frustrated. Stiles had taken me aside before he and Derek had left. "I'm the sheriff for God's sake, I should know these things!"

I stared at the door which me and Jones were guarding. My head was anywhere but here. How could I be here? I just got a rushed course in supernatural 101!

It shouldn't matter. Liz is arrested for murder. Something that so far seems to be true. Her being a werewolf shouldn't change a thing.

Unless the girl that got killed was fighting Liz as well. Then it could've been self defense.

I sighed. Just the idea of Liz killing someone seemed odd. Sure, Liz had been through some shit but the idea of her standing over someone and stabbing her just seems too weird. Liz couldn't kill anyone, right?

"You okay?" Jones asked as he eyed me suspiciously.

"Yeah I'm fine." I answered while I rubbed my eyes.

"Thinking about the girl in there?" He asked as he pointed at the door. "It's understandable since she just stopped breathing while you were in there."

"Yeah. It puts things into perspective." I commented as I looked back at Liz's door. "Hey I gotta go." I said as I got up.
"What? Now? But we're on duty." Jones replied confused.

"Yeah it might be a possible lead in this case." I lied quickly.

"Oh should I come?" Jones said while he too got up.

"No, I got it. Besides, one of us needs to watch her."

Jones nodded and slumped back into one of the uncomfortable hospital chairs.

I need to talk to someone.

=---=---=---=

Before I could even open the door to Derek's apartment, a girl opened it for me. She had brown hair and an annoyed expression. She looked vaguely familiar but I couldn't quite catch from what.

"Good afternoon. Is Derek here?" I asked when she simply stared at me.

"No." she answered as she stepped aside to let me in "But he'll be here in a few minutes."

I walked in and stood behind the couch. Most people don't like it when a cop invades their space and sit on their couch uninvited so I chose to stand.

"Is he in trouble?" she asked with the same expression as before.

"No I just have some questions for him."

"About Liz?" she asked as she leaned in with a new spark of interest in her eyes. "Or about the supernatural world?"

"I'm sorry but who are you again?"

"I'm Cora Hale. I'm Derek's sister."

"Ah. Well nice to meet you, Cora. I'm here for Liz. You don't happen to know her very well?"

She huffed with a small laugh. "I'm here to meet her. I didn't know that she'd be dying and arrested for murder."

"Yeah great first impression." I laughed.

It became quiet again. "Well there are worse first impressions in the supernatural world." she muttered.

A short pause fell upon us until she looked up as if she'd heard something. "That would be Derek and your son." she said.

As if on cue, the door opened and revealed Derek and Stiles.

"Dad?" Stiles asked when he saw me. "How's Liz?"