Ch126 - Potion

Dedicated to teen_wolf224 for suggesting Derek's POV.

Liz was slipping in and out of conscious for the past few minutes and we couldn't do anything about it. So far we'd done everything we could; see if it was lethal, questioning Liz as she regained her consciousness for a minute or so, calling Deaton since we'd given up.

She had no idea what she'd done to me in the last few hours. As soon as she'd left the loft, I'd realized that I couldn't judge her for the fight. Sure she'd killed people but like she'd said, I don't know the specifics. I should've thought before speaking.

And yes I'd been angry when she'd brought up my blue eyes. Even though that happened a long time ago, I couldn't help myself from getting sad when I thought of Paige. She'd been my first love and I'd killed her. I was slowly beginning to forget little things about her too. After all this time I couldn't recall the sound of her voice nor the color of her eyes.

But the worst part was that if I tried to recall her face, all I could see were her last few moments. No one should remember someone like that and yet I couldn't help myself.

So yes, it had hurt when Liz brought it up but she couldn't have known. She had no idea who I'd killed and yet she still trusted me. For all she knows I killed an entire village in a rampage!

I should've given her more credit and shouldn't have judged so fast.

Behind us the door smoothly rolled open revealing Deaton carrying a box filled with medical supplies. Liz had just fallen unconscious again.

"What happened?" Deaton asked wasting no time and kneeling next to her stomach. The knife was still sticking out of her side.

I had been anxious when she'd called; all I could hear was someone dropping to the ground and screaming in pain. And that was after she walked out and disappeared for 2 hours!

When I finally found her, she was laying on her stomach, passed out. When I tried to pick her up I saw the knife sticking out of her side.

"She's been poisoned." Peter stated simply. "We don't know the exact name. Liz didn't recognize it. She said that it was transparent and stung in her nose like wolfsbane but she was sure it wasn't wolfsbane."

"What about the knife? Why is it still in?" Deaton asked with his hand around the handle. He pulled it slightly. Liz's eyes shot open with a pained expression. She successfully shoved anyone near her, causing us to fall backwards. She quickly leaned over and vomit black blood next to the couch. When she was done she leaned back with a groan of discomfort and stared at me with weaker eyes then they should be.

"The blade has little hooks..." Isaac explained as Deaton took an other look at it. This time he pushed the wound a little bit more open and didn't touch the knife.

"This is a complicated situation." He said still staring into the wound. "And getting it out is gonna be painful."

Liz had her eyes squeezed shut the entire time. Deaton redirected himself to Liz and asked "Was it a clean cut or did it move after being embedded?"

Without opening her eyes she laughed a humorless laugh "I fell on it. It definitely moved. We're gonna have to rip it out, aren't we?"

"I'm afraid so." Deaton said seriously and turned to Scott and Peter. "One of you two should do it since it will be easier and a lot less painful if it is done with alpha-like strength."

"I'll do it" Peter said while Scott turned pale at the thought alone.

"I have anesthetics-"

"No just get it over with." Liz said as she tightened her grip on the couch.