Ch120 - Abuse of power

Happy new year and don't blow your fingers off with firework :D

"I'm able to stop the murderess." I repeated questioningly. Please buy it. Please buy it. Pleaaaase buy it.

"Don't play stupid Liz." Peter said. "I know more than you'd think."

There goes that plan. This is going wrong. Maybe it won't be so bad if I play along?

I stayed silent and kept looking up at him. 

"Tell me what happened." Peter stated simply.

Playing along also doesn't work.

"No."

I heard a deep rumble coming from Peter as his eyes turned colder. "Tell. Me. What. Happened." he demanded again.

Derek stepped closer to us ready to pull Peter back. "Peter, just let her tell us in her own time." he tried but Peter shrugged Derek's hand off his shoulder and stared right into my soul.

"No." I repeated confidently to Peter.

"Last chance." Peter said while he blinked a couple of times to reveal his blood red eyes.

I swallowed the lump in the back of my throat. He won't have the time to kill me. I felt my canines grow inside my mouth and knew that my eyes had changed color as well.

"No."

I quickly dashed back, adding an other meter between us. I'll have a better response time from here. Chances of getting killed decreased.

I got ready in my fighting stance. Peter immediately squinted his eyes with interest. Ah shit I forgot. My style doesn't look 'werewolf' anymore. Well it doesn't matter. As long as I walk out alive.

"Fine, have it your way." Peter said.

As soon as he'd said it, I'd put tension on all my muscles. It didn't matter how he'd attack, I'd be able to dodge or counter it. 

What I didn't expect was for him to start growling at me. His blood red eyes drilled into my head and I felt like I was being pulled down by a lot of weight.

He's using his alpha voice. 

"Tell me what happened!" he demanded again.

The air got knocked out of my lungs for a short period of time and I felt my muscles fighting the pulling sensation of an alpha's demand. It was hard to go against him. Even if you really don't want to tell him, your brain just convinces you to give in. It's as if you were trying to lose weight in a room filled with mouth-watering treats and foods. As if you got enough money to buy the thing you really wanted for nearly a year but you're told not to buy it. And that was just the mental part; physically it was also influencing me. 

"No!" I managed to growl out. 

It took me a lot of strength to even keep standing. My head felt like someone was beating it without me being able to defend myself, my muscles felt like I'd been training for hours without any breaks in between, my legs felt like I couldn't hold it for much longer. 

"TELL. ME. NOW." he growled out.

As if a shock wave hit me, I dropped to my knees and held my head in my hands. The highly painful pounding in my head wouldn't stop and the worst part of it all was that everything in my body screamed to give in. I knew how all of this would go away; just give up. Tell him. That's how easy it was.

I dug my nails into my arm to see if the pain would be a distraction. For a few seconds it was, until it began to go numb. Well, either that or the pressure-pain became worse.

Just when I was about to give up, I thought about something. Derek would never see you the same if he knew. He'd be disgusted by you.

I opened my mouth to decline again but after trying a few times, nothing more than a pathetic squeak came out.

"Peter stop!" Derek shouted somewhere in the distance. I couldn't hear it very well. I was in my own world, hunched over from the pressure and pain with my eyes squeezed shut.

"TELL ME!" he growled one last time.

The air got knocked out of my lungs. For a few second I gasped for breath as I felt my last pieces of resistance slip away.

"I KILLED PEOPLE FOR A LIVING!" I shouted back.