Ch139 - Distance

I'd pushed myself up from the ground and onto the couch when the others left. There was nothing they could do for now anyway.

Scott was a big problem though. He saw my mind. My memories. I'd thought that Derek would be the one to make an easy connection with my mind so I guess that my brain subconsciously had put more effort in keeping him out of my memories and therefor forgetting Scott.

He'll be a real problem though. I know Scott well enough that he'll want to talk about it. He'll want to involve more people. Say that I shouldn't keep things from them.

Bullshit.

Who would he tell first? Stiles? Allison? It didn't even matter. All that mattered is that I know he'll tell someone and that he'll want to confront me about it. I'm surprised that he didn't say it in front of the others earlier. I'd kind of expected him to do that.

Derek left the room to get himself some food. My stomach growled, like it did a couple of minutes ago when Derek had mentioned food, but I simply punched it.

"Shuddap. You're not getting food. I don't want to stand up." I muttered tiredly to my protesting stomach.

I laid down on the couch. I felt worse than yesterday when I woke up this morning. I didn't wanted to admit it but I was definitely getting worse. And Deaton hadn't really helped when he'd gotten his samples. It had hurt like hell when he'd gotten it. And this time from both marks!

Last time he got something from the mark in my neck, it burned and stung like crazy for the entire day. This time it was a bit different. Both stung, but the one in my neck burned while the one on my wrist felt like someone was constantly holding an ice cube on it.

I tried to get both to go back to normal but no matter how much I tried to cool it down or warm it up, nothing worked.

I rubbed my hands along my arms to get a bit warmer and got more comfortable on the couch. In the distance I could hear Derek eat whatever he'd made for himself as I slowly fell asleep.

=---=---=---=

Her temperature has gone way down. This doesn't make sense. First she's orange and red from a fever and an hour later she turned green, close to light blue?

I mean she did fall asleep in on the couch without something like a blanket but she still shouldn't be this cold.

I switched back to my normal vision and decided to get a blanket. I needed to wake my kids up anyway. I'd let them sleep in since they had such a crazy night yesterday.

"Allison, Alex. Wake up." I said sweetly as I walked into the room Derek gave them and searched for a blanket. Derek seems trustworthy. He seemed like he genuinely meant it when he offered that we could stay here for the time. Not as if he was obliged to do so.

I'm still not sure about Peter though. He's unpredictable. How did he even get to be an alpha? It's not by vote, right?

"Mommy?" Allison mumbled tiredly as she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Yes it's me." I answered as I pulled a drawer open.

"I'm tiwered." she mumbled with a yawn.

"I already let you sleep in, you have to get up." 

I got the blanket from the drawer and turned back to the door. "Get ready and come find me, okay?"

They both nodded slowly and I walked out.

After I placed the blanket over Liz, I walked into the kitchen were I found Derek with his head in his hands leaning on the table. I was silent for a second. Something about him seemed off. "Uh... are you okay?"