Ch115 - Birthday greetings

You have no idea how hard it was to write this chapter, physically. I hurt my knuckle in a fight and it hurts if I just barely move it. (which makes typing a hell)

The loud music pounded in my head. The room was filled with dancing half-drunk teens.

I looked up at Derek who had been following me so far. "Maybe we should find the others." He said in my ear. Under normal circumstances I probably wouldn't have been able to hear what he'd said, but I wasn't normal now, was I?

I nodded and dodged between the people. They had been right about Lydia being able to throw a party. Most of the people from Beacon Hills high and some older looking college kids were here. I would be impressed by the amount of people she managed to get in such a little time but the density of the crowd made me a bit uncomfortable.

"Hey!" Allison shouted over the music. She was sitting on Scott's lap with a red plastic cup in her hand. She smelled like alcohol but not nearly enough to actually be drunk.

"Happy birthday!" She said and jumped up to hug me. I couldn't help but stiffen up. Well at least you didn't shove her like you did last time. I awkwardly hugged her back.

"Happy birthday." Scott said after Allison released me from her deathtrap.

"Thanks."

"Hey have you guys seen- oh hi!" Lydia said as she walked into the room instantly being followed by Stiles.

"Heeey there you are!" Stiles said as he threw his hands up. They both smelled like alcohol. Stiles more than Lydia.

"Happy birthdaaay!" Stiles said with a broad goofy smile.

"You have got to see this." Lydia said excitedly and dragged me by my arm away from the others without giving any explanation.

We passed many dancing, talking and partying people. Most of them didn't notice us but some cheered when Lydia walked by. That being said, it were also the guys who smelled heavily like alcohol who did that.

She turned the last corner and nearly walked into Isaac.

"Oh hi." he said after jumping back a bit. "Happy birthday." he said with a smile and looked back to his left. I followed his gaze and saw a table full of presents. It was seriously a pile of them. You couldn't even see the bottom one! 

"Happy birthdaaay!" Lydia said while she threw her hands up in the air.

I just stared at it in shock. But... that's so many! I felt Lydia hug me around my waist which brought me back to earth.

"Great, you broke her." Isaac commented.

"She'll get over it." she said to Isaac and turned to me "The idea was for every guest to bring something but with this short notice not everyone was able to get something." Lydia blabbed on.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked with my mouth open.

"Yeah I know there should be more but there's still time for some presents to be added to the pile and turn it into a mountain-"

"No. no... This is just..." I said as I gaped it it with an open hanging mouth.

Both Isaac and Lydia stared at me, waiting to go on. 

"The only thing I've ever gotten for my birthday was a snicker from one of my teachers. And he always offered the birthday person one when he found out about his or her birthday."

"Well that was nice from him." Isaac muttered as Lydia stared disbelieving.

"And you just assumed that we wouldn't get you presents?" She said slightly offended.