Ch108 - Impossible

"He's a girl?" Isaac repeated confused.

"That was a great sentence." Isaac glared at me "But yes, he'sgirl."

Isaac opened his mouth only to leave it hanging open for a few seconds. He touched his teeth with his tongue and found his words. "And you've established the gender of the killer by staring at the pavement for half a minute?"

"Yeah, don't you?" I joked. "Switch to your werewolf eyes."

He kept looking confused but eventually gave up and listened to me. I squatted down again and motioned Isaac to do the same.

"You can see her footprints-"

"I don't see it."

He's probably never done this before.

"Look behind you. Can you see your own?"

He turned around but after nearly a minute of squinting he gave up. I took him to one of his footprints and pointed at it. It was enough for him to be able to see it so I was hopeful that he'd be able to find the other one as well.

"This one is harder to find. She'd been running from you and she just committed a murder so she was careful and was walking very light footed which means that the print is very feint." I explained. Isaac nodded seriously and stared at the ground.

"I still don't see it."

I pointed at it without touching it. I wouldn't wanted to disturb it and accidentally mess it up. Isaac squinted his eyes to focus even better but he ended up shaking his head.

"All I see is the pavement."

I switched back to my blue eyes and carefully traced the footprint. Isaac lied that he could suddenly see it and I lied that I believed him. 

"What makes you think that it's a girl?"

"The distance between the heel and the front part of the foot. It's larger than a guy's shoe would have been. She wasn't wearing high heels since you would've been able to hear that difference. She most likely was wearing something like boots."

"But... I don't remember her wearing boots. At least I don't think she was..."

"She could've hidden it under her baggy jeans."

"How did you know they were baggy jeans?" Isaac questioned since he hadn't said anything about the word 'baggy'.

"Educated guess. Now with girl boots you have the option for this thing in between high heels and just no heels. I think she was wearing that. That's why I think she's a girl. Unless a man happened to be running in heels, which is also a possibility of course. Just less... likely."

Isaac grinned and stood up again. "What about the deodorant?"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath through my nose. All the scents around me filled my nose. Isaac's, the dirt, the leaves, Derek's since I was wearing his jacket but nothing out of the ordinary. 

Wait. Didn't Isaac say something about him having the same deodorant as the girl? 

I inhaled again making sure to focus on Isaac. His deodorant was indeed powerful. I didn't know the brand since I wasn't an expert at male deodorants but the smell was familiar. Yeah Isaac already said that it was a very popular brand. 

"Your scent is throwing me off." I admitted and turned back to Isaac.

"Yeah right, you just can't find it." he said with a grin.

"Oh shut up. I could've found it."

"Riiight."

=---=---=---=