Ch79 - Now what

Okay.

So Derek likes me.

...

Now what?

Do I like Derek? Let's see... I thought back of everything we'd done so far and felt my ears heat up.

Oh my god I like Derek.

Okay... Problem solved... Right?

No. What do I do now? He doesn't know that I know. Oh my god I'm turning into one of those girls. No shut up I need to think!

What do I do now? I can't just walk in and say: "hey I know that you have a crush on me and I like you too". That would be so weird.

Oh god I need help. Help from someone social.

I pulled out my phone and texted Lydia if I could come over. I knew that texting wasn't the smartest method but if I have a chance to avoid talking, I take it.

Not even 20 seconds after I'd send it, Lydia responded.

Yeah sure! I'm at home doing homework. Why do you need my help? Is something wrong?

Hmmm. I might've accidentally made my previous text a bit too urgent. I got up from my bed and threw on Stiles's vest, which was still in my possession.

No nothing's wrong. I just need your opinion about something.

Right when I pressed send, I realized that that also sounded really suspicious. Ah whatever, I'm heading there anyway.

~~**~~**~~**~~

Lydia's mom let me in and after talking to me, which made me kind of uncomfortable, led me to Lydia's room. As if I got lost. I'd already spend a night here.

When I finally got left alone by Lydia's mom, I opened the door to Lydia's room. She hadn't been lying. Her entire bed was covered in papers and her laptop showed a site what looked like Wikipedia.

"Hi!" She said with a smile as she moved some of her papers to make room for me.

"Hi... Is this all our homework?" I asked while already panicking in my head since I would never be able to finish that for tomorrow.

"No. It's some extra credit work."

"Oh" I breathed relieved.

"Now, what's the problem you need my opinion on?"

I opened my mouth to explain but nothing came out. What was I gonna say? That the Derek Hale had a crush on me and that I found out with the help of science? She wouldn't believe me or laugh at me. This was a horrible idea! Why did I do this? 

"Liiiiz?" Lydia said as she waved a hand in front of my face. "You spaced out."

"Oh... Sorry." I said awkwardly as I got myself together. "Uhm... I came here because... So I found out... Uh... Someone likes me."

Lydia stared at me with pulled up eyebrows and her head slightly to the ground "And?"

"And... I'm not social at all so I don't know what to do."

"Do you like him?" Lydia said with an 'isn't that obvious' tone.

I felt my ears heat up and started to stare more and more to my feet. "Yeah..."

Lydia squealed and turned to me "Who is it?!"

"Wha- No. I'm not gonna tell you."

"Ah pleaseee?"

"No."

"Is it Stiles?" she said as she looked at my vest.

"What? No, it's not Stiles."

"Does he go to our school?" Lydia questioned me with a spark of excitedment in her eye.

He used to... "No."

"Is he our age?"

"No."

She squealed again "Is he older? He's older, isn't he?"

"Lydiaaaa" I whined "What do I doooo?"

"I'll tell you if you tell me who it is."

"That's low." I said disbelieving with my mouth open.

"Do I know him?"

"Lydiaaa."

"Fine." she said as she got some of her paperwork and her pen. "But then I won't tell you what to do."

Ohhh she went there. Great, now what? If I tell Lydia it might get all weird but if I don't I'll be back at staring at the ceiling trying to figure out what to do, but then with a curious Lydia on my heels.

I sighed.

"It's Derek."