Ch141 - Forgotten items

Mr Stilinski seemed very distant and caught up in his own thoughts on the way to the police station.

For once in my life I had trouble reading someone's expression. He kept glaring at me through the mirror of his car but at the same time he didn't seem mad. It was more as if he was disappointed... or confused.

One other officer had joined us in the car while the other took off in his own.

I am in serious trouble. What did they say that I'm arrested for? Murder or murders? I'm screwed either way.

But how could they have found out in the first place? I'm always so careful not to leave any evidence behind.

Could it be that Gerrit reported seeing me around the house on the night his "guests" got killed? But that wouldn't make sense! Supernatural people usually like to deal with things internally instead of stepping to the police. And I'm sure that Gerrit is no exception.

But what other murders are there? I doubt that the Dutch police found any evidence leading to me especially since there was a special group under Carver's lead that double checked for any evidence left behind.

Would I be framed for one of Jaylah's kills? I have been at the scene a couple of times but they were all public places and I'm sure that I didn't leave a trace.

What do they have on me?!

=---=---=---=

"How are we gonna get that kind of money?" Stiles asked me with his hands in his hair while leaning on the couch.

"Why is it even this much?" I countered with an annoyed huff.

"Well they determine the bail on three factors: the severity of the crime, the likely hood of the person running and if they have a criminal record or not. Seeing as she's been arrested for suspicion of murder and that she's been a recent reported runaway... it does make sense." Stiles argued but shut up after he saw my glare.

We'd practically followed the cops to the station in order to bail Liz out but once we were there, I couldn't reach Peter.

"Peter has the money. If we can reach Peter, we can get her out." I answered as I thought about why Peter had to vanish right now out of all times.

"And you're sure you don't have some sort of... secret... werewolf... money stash... safe... thing?" he asked with begging eyes.

As answer I simply stared at him. Stiles nodded and looked back at the table. "Yeah, I figured as much."

"We can't do anything at the moment. We have to wait for Peter. And since we have no clue where Peter went or where he keeps his money, we can't do anything."

"In money dept my little brother?" Cora said as she walked around the corner and dropped her bag on the ground. 

"Cora?" I asked surprised.

"What's your sister doing here?" Stiles asked me with a confused frown.

"Oh you know, I got lonely in South-America so I decided to visit my dear brother and his girlfriend. It doens't happen often that they last longer than a month. Last time that happened was with Kate and well... I just thought I'd screen her before Derek gets himself killed." Cora said casually as she strode over to the counter and grabbed an apple. "Now what's this talk about money?"

"Well meeting Liz will be a bit harder then you might thought it would be..." Stiles said as I scratched my neck.

"Why?"

"She's been arrested about an hour ago." I answered reluctantly. "And on top of that, she might also be dying."

Cora stared at me with one raised eyebrow. "Your girlfriend is in jail and dying... Great." she commented with sarcasm dripping off of it.