Ch97 - I'm back

Liz slowly began to walk towards me. She looked scared, as if she was afraid I wasn't happy to see her.

She looked awful compared to what she used to look like. She was way skinnier than I remembered her to be. When she'd left, she already was skinny. Now I would just call it malnourished. Her hair had lost its shine and hung in flat strips around her face instead of her natural wavy full hair. She had dark circles under her eyes from the lack of sleep or from traveling. Her skin was really white. You could basically see her veins underneath it. Her clothes were close to ragged and had some holes in them.

I saw that she was hesitating with approaching me so I did the only logical thing; I ran towards her. A small smile formed on the edges of her lips and she dropped the large bag she'd been carrying.

I picked her up in one smooth motion and kissed her. About two months of emotions were packed in that one kiss. She wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled me as close as possible after I'd set her down. Her face and hands were cold from outside and her lips slightly dry but I didn't care; she was back.

After we broke the kiss, we stayed like this for a couple of minutes. I had my arms wrapped around her while she leaned into my chest.

"Cheesus you're warm." she said with the same voice I'd missed the last couple of months.

"You're cold." I stated "Why aren't you wearing a jacket?"

"I didn't have one. I only had what I took with me, which happened to be Stiles's vest."

I noticed that she was wearing 2 vests on top of each other to keep herself warm.

"Derek you can't-" Stiles shouted as he ran through the door with Scott close behind him.

"Liz?"

"Yeah. Hi." She awkwardly said while stepping away from me.

"What? How? When?" Stiles stuttered while Scott just gaped with his mouth open.

"I'm back." she said on a comforting tone. Stiles absolutely lost it and ran towards her, giving her a hug. I saw her stiffen up but quickly hugged Stiles back. He didn't seem to notice her slight hesitation and pulled away after a few seconds of squeezing her to death. Liz stood a bit awkward but after a few seconds she got herself together.

"But..." Scott began "How did you- When did you-"

Liz's stomach growled loudly. She looked around with an embarrassed grin as she bit her lip to prevent herself from smiling.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked to Liz's relief.

"Anything edible would be nice."

I walked away with all of them on my tail. I decided to make something large for her to eat since she looked like she could use it while Stiles questioned me.

"What did you do? You hung up."

Oh right. I should buy a new phone. "I broke my phone."

"You broke it? As in you went all werewolf on your phone?"

"Yes, Stiles." I said slowly and annoyed "I went all werewolf on my phone."

Liz smiled slightly but her expression soon turned distant and her smile disappeared. What had happened to her when she was there? How did she escape? So many questions burned in my head but I'd seen Liz's expression when Scott brought it up. She slightly tensed up. The others hadn't noticed it but I knew that you'd have to look closely to see through Liz's mask. Liz was very uncomfortable with the subject.

Maybe she needs some time to think things through, I convinced myself as I gave the food to Liz. I could see that Scott and Stiles wanted to ask many questions but they refrained themselves. They wouldn't have gotten an understandable answer anyway since Liz was literally gobbling the food down.

Apparently my theory of her needing the food was right, I thought after she'd left nothing on the plate. She stared in front of her with drowsy distant eyes. Stiles slammed his hand on her shoulder to say something but she winced at the touch.

"Are you okay?" I asked worried.

"I think you need to re-break some bones..." she said after she got rid of the painful expression. "Or at least get me examined."

"Jesus." Stiles whispered as I stood up.

"Come on. We'll go to Deaton."