Ch57 - Predominance

I picked Liz up and carried her out of the house.

"You don't have to carry me. I'm able to walk." She said as she looked up to my face.

"You should focus your energy on healing."

"I'll be fiiiine"

I put her back on her legs once we were outside but kept my arm around her waist to make sure that I could catch her if she did pass out.

After some minutes if walking, I noticed that she began to walk a bit slower.

"Are you okay? You know that I can easily carry you right?"

"Yeah I'm fine." She insisted a bit out of breath.

We walked a few more meters but I knew that she wasn't fine. Just when I was about to say something about it again, Liz slumped down in my side and whispered "Okay... Maybe I'm not fine..." Before passing out.

I lifted her up and carried her the rest of the way to my car. Once I knew that she was comfortable inside I called the others but none of them answered.

I can't leave Liz alone but what if something happened?

No, priorities. I need to make sure Liz is safe.

I got in the car and drove off.

Scott's POV

We ran our legs off trying to catch up with Peter and Mr Argent. Once we found them, they were already fighting this 'Lorem'.

I had never seen anything like it. It was definitely midget size. It had these blue scales all over its body and had razor sharp claws. Its eyes were like some sort of demon eyes that glowed and it had pointy sharp teeth. It was still covered in what smelled like Liz's blood.

Once it saw that backup had arrived, his whole posture changed. His expression that showed that it was still trying to escape, turned cold and his green eyes turned red. He got ready to fight and for a second I felt bad for Liz having to see this while knowing that she had to face it alone. It was even terrifying when you faced it with a shitload of backup.

We wasted no time and attacked straight ahead. I clawed at the Lorem but it was quick and dodged. I expected it to at least claw back at me but it completely ignored me and dashed behind me.

I looked back in confusion and saw that he did the same to Isaac. He never even got close to Stiles and Allison and went straight for Oliver.

Oliver's eyes widened and froze on the spot. The Lorem noticed his opportunity and began to attack him.

"He's picking the weak ones first." Stiles yelled in general. "And leaving the humans alone."

Isaac quickly ran to Oliver who was trying to defend himself by just holding his arms in front of him.

The others also began to take action. Peter and I ran over to Isaac to help while Stiles and Allison ran to Mr Argent.

The Lorem saw us coming and dashed behind a tree when Peter attacked. Peter hit the tree with full force and winced on impact. The Lorem saw his opportunity and slashed Peter's side open. It started to bleed and he was forced to retread.

As soon as Peter backed off, the Lorem tried to get to Oliver again. Oliver froze in fear but before it could even reach Oliver, me and Isaac jumped in front of him.

"Oh no you don't." Isaac whispered quietly.

We were looking at a good spot to hit him when we suddenly heard gunfire. The Lorem got hit and tried to get out of sight but it had no use. I looked up and saw Mr Argent and Allison both shooting at him.

Me and Isaac both jumped in to get some more hits on him. Every time the Lorem got close to slashing us, we jumped back and the distracting gunfire began. It was a good tactic and it worked really well.

You could see that the Lorem was slowly getting closer to giving up. Just when we thought it was about to give in or pass out, it went in some sort of rage mode. Anything he saw, he attacked.

Isaac, Peter and me had to jump back and back off but Isaac still got hit. The Lorem had barely touched him but blood dripped from the gash in his stomach. Allison and Mr Argent opened gunfire. I followed the bullets with my werewolf vision.

Most of the hit the target but one last bullet in his shoulder was enough for him to pass out. The Lorem fell unconscious to the ground.

Peter and I carefully got closer to it's body. It was limp and laid on his side. I tuned in on his heartbeat. It was feint and slow but it was still there. He was definitely unconscious.

"We should capture it." I said. There was no use in killing it and everyone has to have a chance in living.

I could feel the others looking at me. Peter looked up with his head slightly tilted. He grinned for just a second and it was enough for me to know that he was gonna do something.

"Peter..." I warned but it was too late.

He dashed forward and jumped on the body. He turned it around so that it was laying on it's back.

I ran forward in order to stop Peter but it had no use; I was too late.

Peter's claws were already out and in one smooth motion, he cut the throat of the Lorem. It made a sick gurgling sound as blood came into his windpipe. His heartbeat slowed down until it stopped.

Peter wiped his claws at his shirt and turned around. Mr Argent pointed his gun at Peter.

"What?" Peter said while tilting his head "You think trapping it again was gonna work?"

"You shouldn't have killed it."

"That was basically genocide." Stiles noted.