Chapter Forty

"Bear... babe get up, quick. Jakob!"

I jumped awake to see Perrie stood over me shaking my shoulder.

"Wh- What's up?"

"Come and look, quick."

Perrie dragged me out of bed and to the window, pulling the curtain back. It was barely daylight.

"What time is it?"

"Look!"

I leaned closer to the window, squinting down at the garden. "What am I looking at?"

"There, in the corner, under the bushes."

"Is... that a fox?"

"Yeah!"

"Did you seriously get me out of bed to look at a fox?"

"It's beautiful! I dunno how it got in here but look, I've never seen one so close!"

"...I'm going back to bed."

"Awh what? Can't we go and feed him?"

"What?! No way, they can be vicious. Where's Hatchi?"

"In the kitchen, why?"

"Like I said, they're vicious. We need to find where he got in and block it off somehow."

"Really? Awh, but look..."

Perrie stood looking at the fox in awe, and I stood watching her, an idea forming in my head.

"Aah, he's gone." Perrie sighed a minute later.

"Good, I can go and see where he came in so he doesn't come back."

"Come on, you have to admit he's cute!"

"You wouldn't think so if he was chewing on your dog!"

"That's so nasty!" Perrie gasped.

"Well, I'm cranky when I get woken up to look at a fox at... what time is it?"

Perrie pressed her lips together, trying not to smile. "Ten to six."

"You're joking me?"

"I'm sorry." Perrie pouted, sitting back on the bed and patting the space next to her. Instead, I followed her up to her side, grinning. She slid back, holding her hands up.

"Don't, babe..."

I jumped on her and started tickling her. Perrie screamed and tried to bat my hands away, rolling left and right and kicking her legs.

"Aaah, I'm sorry. Please, okay... I'm sorry. I'll never wake you up again please!"

I stopped, kneeling in between Perrie's legs and holding her arms down. "You promise?"

"I promise." Perrie giggled breathlessly. "Oh, I need to tell you something babe."

"Oh?"

"I really hope you can help me actually."

I sat up suddenly concerned, watching Perrie chew her bottom lip.

"What's wrong?"

"It's just..."

"What? Perrie, you're scaring me."

Perrie grabbed the top of my boxers and pulled me back down. "I'm really horny in the morning." She whispered before smashing her lips against mine.

It took me a while to find it in me to pull away. By the time I did, we had managed to relieve each other of our clothes; Perrie's top was hanging on the lamp and my boxers were hanging on the headboard where Perrie had thrown them.