Chapter Two

'I couldn't take my eyes off my phone. Surely this was a really cruel dream.

Perrie. Actual. Edwards.

I never in a million years thought this would happen to me. Like anyone else in the world, but not me. Yet there she was at the top of my notifications.

"Hello? Jakob?"

I jumped and turned around, seeing my boss, Jason leaning into the staffroom. "S-sorry... What?"

"Is your break over yet? Ian's asking for his."

I checked my watch. "Yeah, sorry. I'll be right out."

"You okay? You look pale."

"I'm fine." I smiled.

I'm more than fine. I'm ecstatic. I thought when he left. I looked back at my phone and grinned.

This is real.

I quickly opened a direct message to Perrie thinking, well if I'm going to be a crazy happy fool for at least the next month, I might as well thank her for it. But what could I say? I was one message away from speaking directly to my biggest inspiration and I didn't know what to say.

Jacubbear900: Perrie, I don't know what to say. Thank you so much, you've made my day. You've made my year. I don't know what to say except thank you so much. Hope you're well! Xxx

My thumb hesitated over the send icon on my screen and again I jumped as the staffroom door flew open. Jason again.

"Did you set up that great big turntable before?"

"Yeah... Why? Is there a problem with it?"

"Other than a customer just knocking it over... No."He cringed.

"You're kidding! I'll be right out."

I stood up and before I could change my mind, sent the message.

**

"About time!" Lauren said loudly when I came out of work. The other members of staff looked her way and Jason frowned.

"It's only just gone six Lauren." I smirked.

"I've been stood here for... well only like five minutes."

"I thought you'd be late to be honest."

"How dare you! Right, come on, let's go and get this food, then get back to yours and eat it, I'm starving! What are you getting?"

"I was thinking pizza."

"Fantastic. Goes great with wine." Lauren winked, flashing me a bottle nestled in her oversized handbag.

"Lauren, there's wine in the house." I laughed.

"Yeah, this can be for just us. You can give me your password to your Spotify too since you forgot to give me it earlier. I was looking forward to listening to Little Mix."

I stopped walking and Lauren turned to face me, looking puzzled and a little scared at the huge grin spreading across my face. "Oh. My. God. You're never going to guess what?"

"What?"

"Guess."

"Jake, I don't like this game." Lauren pouted. "You know I'll never get it."

"Alright... Okay, get your phone out." I instructed, continuing down the street, still grinning.

"What am I doing with it?"

"Go on Instagram. Type my name in."

"You do it. I always forget how to spell it."

I snatched the phone with a sarcastic sigh. I typed in my username and handed the phone back to Lauren. "Right... Check my followers."