Chapter Three

I woke Lauren up the next morning by throwing a pillow in her face. She swore loudly, rolling out of the way, but hitting the wall.

"Get up! I've made you a cup of tea."

"Ugh, I feel rough. Did we drink a lot?"

"Not loads... but it was wine."

"That explains it. We're still going today then?"

"Err, yeah! Don't you dare back out on me Miss King!"

"I'm not backing out, I'm just asking." Lauren grunted, sitting up and groping around for her tea, which I passed to her.

That afternoon we were getting new tattoos. It was Lauren's first, but my second, and I had promised to be with her the first time she had one.

"Good, shower's free; I'd get in it before Maddie gets up if I were you."

"Rightio... Hey, has Perrie messaged you back?"

"I dunno. I've not charged my phone yet." I lied.

Lauren shrugged and made her way to the bathroom.

When I heard the door close, I took my phone from under my pillow and opened up the direct message I had been wondering whether to send Perrie since I had woken up.

Jacubbear900: You've been stalking me? Are you sure this isn't something I should be worried about? ☺️ What made you start following fans? ☺️ Xx

I sent it before I could change my mind, still unable to grasp that this was actually happening. Then quickly posted a selfie with the caption 'Off to get my second tattoo with @lozkingxo, excited!' Then locked my phone.

I'd just picked up my hair gel when I heard several loud bangs followed by Maddie's loud voice. "JAKOB! Get out of the bathroom, NOW! Helloooooo??!!"

I dived out of my room. "Oi, I'm here you idiot, Lauren's in there."

"Oh." Maddie cringed, as if regretfully, then turned back to the bathroom and screamed instead. "LAUREN!! Get out of the bathroom NOW!"

"Jesus Madison!" Alfie roared, also coming out of his room, rubbing his eyes. "Shut up!"

"I need the bathroom!"

"Well you're gonna have to wait!" I screamed. Alfie quickly retreated back into his room and Maddie fell silent, staring at me. It was rare I shouted, even raised my voice.

"You could've told me she was going in there." Maddie hissed.

"Err since when do you emerge anytime before noon on a Sunday?" I scoffed.

"Shut your face."

"Give it a rest Maddie, your attitude stinks." I sighed.

"You give it a rest having a go at me. You think you're just like dad!"

"That's enough!" We both turned around and my heart sank when I saw my dad stood there with his arms folded. "Now you've woken the whole house up... Jakob go back to your room. Madison, come downstairs with me a minute."

"Am I seriously getting sent to my room?" I laughed.

"Jakob, I'm asking you please. Madison come on."

"Dad, I need the bathroom. I'm going out soon."

"Five minutes Madison. Downstairs please."

**

Lauren didn't mention anything when she emerged from the shower, even though she must have heard everything. She didn't say anything until we were walking slowly through town on the way to the tattoo studio.