Chapter Sixty Five

We lay in bed with the TV on, but neither of us were watching it. I was staring up at the ceiling, exhausted from crying, and I knew Perrie was watching me. 

"Bear?" 

"Hmm?" 

"What are you thinking about?" 

"How amazing you are." 

Perrie tutted, smiling cheekily. "Honestly." 

"I am being honest. I... I dunno what I'd do without you." 

Perrie laid down with her head on my shoulder, kissing my neck. "I dunno what I'd do without you either. How are you doing babe?" 

"I... don't really know. I just feel weird. And I'm tired." 

"Yeah, you need to get some sleep." Perrie nodded, turning off the TV and rolling over to turn off the lamp. 

"Will you stay with me?" I whispered shyly.

"Of course, I'm going nowhere. Can I ask you something first?" 

"Yeah." 

"I need you to promise me something." 

"Anything." 

"You dunno what it is yet!" 

"Whatever it is, it's a done deal." 

Perrie tutted again, rolling her eyes and laying back down on me. "I don't want you to go on that roof anymore babe... it's dangerous." Her fingers found my injured arm, stroking the bandages softly. "Who knows, next time you might fall down all them stairs, or right through the roof... it's not safe, this proves it." 

I hesitated to answer, chewing my lip. "I've been going up there for years... just to give me some headspace. I always went there to... feel better about everything." 

"But it's different now. You don't need to go there when you've got a problem, you can come to me. I want you to come to me. Please?" 

"Alright." I agreed. "I won't go there anymore. I promise." 

"Thank you." 

I smiled as she lifted her head briefly to kiss me tenderly. Then I started chuckling. 

"What?" 

"You - you threatened to call the police on me." I said, laughing harder. Perrie was looking at me like I'd lost my mind. 

"I had to try something to get you to come home..." 

"Would you have done it?" 

"...No." 

I burst out laughing again. "God, I love you." 

"How did you get there from that?!" 

"I really, really love you." 

Perrie grinned down at me. "I really, really love you too." 

My phone started to ring and I groaned, sitting up for it.

"It's Lauren." 

"Answer it." Perrie said, sitting up too and switching the lamp back on. "I'm gonna check I locked up downstairs, and make sure Hatchi is okay. Answer it, now." 

"Alright, alright... hey Loz." 

"Hey Jakers, how are you? Are you home now?" 

"I am." I confirmed. 

"And are you alright?" 

"Kind of, I think so. I've had my cry." 

"Good. Tell Pezza from me I told you so."