Chapter Fifty Three

"You sure I can look?"

"Yeah, I just want to ignore it though."

Perrie frowned and tapped at my phone, opening the message.

Eddie: Jakob, it's Eddie. Look, I miss you. We miss you here. I know it's all my fault and I've fucked up a really good chance for you because of my behaviour. But please consider coming back. Everyone at the label's really pissed at me. We don't want you to pass up what we're offering you and in truth we don't want you to go anywhere else. Do you think we can talk? Xx

By the time she slammed the phone down on the coffee table behind her, Perrie's face was a picture of such anger that I wanted to get up and back away.

"Babe-"

"Who the hell does he think he is?!" Perrie exploded. She stood up, still clutching the guitar, and I quickly got up too. "Who does he think he actually think he is?! I told him. I told him to stay away from you, how dare he-"

"Perrie... give me the guitar." I said timidly, trying to pry the instrument from her grip.

Perrie snatched it back, gesturing with it. "Did I not warn him off? How dare he tell you he misses you, putting kisses at the end if a text, what the fuck is wrong with him-"

I didn't know what to do. Perrie was ranting and raving and didn't appear to be stopping any time soon. Why hadn't I just deleted the message? Why did I have to act so stupid and guilty?

"I tell you what? He's getting it now. I'm gonna go round there and tell him once and for all-"

I lunged forward, grabbing Perrie's arm with one hand and pulling her against me at the waist with the other. I covered her mouth with mine, cutting her off.

Perrie dropped the guitar as I pushed her back into the wall. She struggled against me for about three seconds, then her hands were in my short hair, kissing me so hard I almost choked once or twice.

"Bloody hell." Perrie gasped when we finally separated. "What was that?!"

"Have you calmed down?"

"No." She sighed.

"Please, ignore him. Forget it."

"How can I? I told him to leave you alone-"

"I'll block his number, then he'll have to. Please babe don't let him get to you, don't respond to it. I'm not, you shouldn't either."

"I just dunno how he's got the balls-"

"Stop it!" I said loudly. "He's irrelevant."

Perrie's lips formed a little pout and she frowned.

"You look unbelievably cute right now."

"Shut it, I'm angry! I'm not supposed to be cute."

"Well you are. Come on Pez... Five minutes ago we were laughing. Please don't let one stupid text upset you."

Perrie nodded and gave me a half-hearted smile.

"That's not good enough babe... I didn't see any little dimples."

"Aawh..." Perrie giggled, smiling wider.

"That's better."

"D'you wanna go up to bed babe?"

"Yeah, come on... I'll clean up down here."

"I can do that..."

"No, you go up, I'll do it. Get some snuggles in with your elephant while you can, cos you're all mine tonight."