Chapter Seventy Five

Perrie gripped my hand painfully tight as we finally made our way off stage, like she was trying to keep me with her, afraid I would run off. 

At that moment I wasn't sure what I wanted to do; I was numb. I was trying to process what had just happened. So I let her pull me along. She was talking, but I couldn't hear a thing, the noise from the crowd louder than I had ever heard it, enough to take the roof off if they carried on. And I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. 

How were they all going to react to what Perrie had just done? 

"Perrie." 

Perrie didn't shoe any signs she had heard me. She kept power walking down the corridor, the opposite way to where everybody else was going, prompting a few of the dancers to whistle and whoop. 

"Perrie stop." 

"One minute." 

"Perrie stop! Where are we going?" 

Perrie stopped outside a random door, trying it. When it opened she said, "in here." And pulled me inside. 

It was dark, and there was a loud clatter as Perrie walked into something, swearing loudly. "Agh my fucking leg, what the fuck-"

"Where are we?!" 

"I think it's a cleaning cupboard or something." 

"Perrie-"

"I'm sorry... I- I didn't even stop to think about you or if you'd want that or - I'm sorry babe. I'm not sorry I did that but if I've upset you I am... look please don't go, there's so much I wanna say to you, please don't leave. I know I've fucked up but let me try, please." 

Perrie stared at me hopefully, her eyes wide and desperate. When I didn't answer straight away she raised a hand to my cheek. Her forehead creased slightly as she stroked the skin, and I knew she was remembering slapping me right there only days before. She cautiously leaned in and kissed the spot, sighing softly. 

"I'm sorry for everything." She said, her voice shaking. "If you wanna go... I'll understand. I'll hate it but I get it. I'll give you some space if that's what you want-"

"Perrie." 

"Y-yeah?" 

"That was amazing." 

"Wh- really?!" 

"Really. But - do you realise what you've just done?" 

I wasn't expecting Perrie to flash me that beautiful, bright, room-lighting smile. "Yeah I do. And I'd do it again. I thought it was amazing too. But... what do you mean? Might you..." Perrie hesitated, taking my hand and playing with my fingers. "Might you stay?" 

I cupped her chin and lifted her head. "Of course I'm staying." 

"Really? You're not going back with your dad?" 

I shook my head. "You're right. We've got a lot to talk about." 

"I do." Perrie corrected me. "There's so much I need you to hear... you're really not going home?" 

"You're my home." I said. "Wherever you are... even in a cleaning cupboard that smells like bleach." 

"I can't smell it." Perrie giggled, placing her hands on my middle. "Can I kiss you?" 

Rather than answer verbally, I wrapped my arms around Perrie and lifted her off her feet, kissing her hard. She laughed into my mouth, gripping me juwst as tight and deepening the kiss.