Chapter Thirty Four

"Oi! What's the deal with you ditching me?!"

"Ditching you? When did I ditch you?"

"You said you'd ring me when Pezza left!"

"Oh... I'm really sorry, I needed to go out with Ellie, I forgot... it's alright though, I'm fine honestly."

"What's wrong with Ellie?"

"Nothing... not exactly. We just needed a chat."

"I don't get it."

"It's a long story."

"Well drop me a line when you feel like telling me." Lauren said sarcastically. "What're you doing Sunday after work?"

"Nothing but Perrie's coming round for dinner. Why? What's going on?"

"Nothing, just asking. So, when am I gonna see you?"

"Err... I dunno, I'll give you a ring... Lauren, is everything okay?"

"Of course, why?"

"You just sound... strange."

"I'm always strange Jakers!" Lauren laughed. "Have a good weekend yeah? I'll see you soon."

Lauren hung up before I could reply and I lowered my phone, frowning. Lauren said everything was fine, but she was my best friend and that wasn't what I would call a normal conversation with her. She sounded different, but to an outsider, I couldn't have explained how.

After messing with some music and having a scroll through Instagram, I made a point of opening my door just to close it again loudly, so my family would know not to disturb me and decided to ring Perrie.

"Hi babe." She answered brightly. "How are you?"

"Hey. I'm alright, you?"

"Aye, fine babe. I'm glad you rang. I wanted to ask you something."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, you know Sunday after we've had dinner with your family?"

"Hmm?"

"D'you think we could, maybe... slope off? Cos I really want to take you somewhere. I think you'd love it and me and the girls need to go to LA for a couple of days next week."

"Really? That's so cool! What for?"

"We're just in the studio out there, that's all. So, what d'you think?"

"Sunday? Yeah, I'll just tell my dad we're going out or something, they won't mind. It'll give them time to get over the shock anyway!"

"Aye, I suppose! D'you reckon you could maybe come back to mine then?"

"I don't see why not."

"Yaayyyy!" Perrie cheered, making me laugh. "I'm just gonna miss you when I fly away."

"When do you go?"

"Monday night."

"For how long?" I said, suddenly realising how much I would miss her too. A lot. Since we had been together, I hadn't gone a single day without speaking to her.

"Just a couple of days babe."

"I'm gonna miss you." I sighed, laying back on my bed.

"Awh, I'll miss you too... At least now though, I've got a reason to figure out the time difference so I can call you."

"Really? Will you call?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I?"

"I'll look forward to it then. How come you've never known the time difference before?"