Chapter Thirty Three

"Why do you have to call the girls?" I asked. Perrie was staring into space not saying a word, and the silence was making me nervous.

"Because I need to figure out what to do."

"But there's no picture."

"What? I thought you said it was on Instagram?"

"It was but they didn't post a photo of you there today. It's just a random photo of you, they just captioned it saying they saw you."

"Why didn't you say that?!"

"You didn't give me a chance! Look."

I sat by Perrie and showed her the original post properly, not just the random exclamations of a surprised and confused fanbase.

"This person describes in detail what I'm wearing, what I did in the courtroom and me running out to you afterwards."

"But... couldn't you just deny it?" I said softly. "He or she... could've been wrong. It could've been someone who... looks like you."

"But it was me, and how can I? This person is insisting that it was me!"

"With no proof." I pointed out. Perrie fell silent, seemingly considering what I was saying.

"Right, I need to call Jesy."

"Okay... but why?"

"Because she's more level-headed than I am, and she'll know what to do."

I sat on the window ledge while Perrie sat on my bed talking to Jesy, not really saying much after telling her what happened other than the occasional 'yeah' and 'right'. I continued to scroll through my phone but there was nothing really new anymore; just thousands of people asking nobody in particular what the hell Perrie Edwards was doing shouting her mouth off on the balcony of a courtroom... and who was the mysterious stranger she embraced at the end?

"Babe?"

I turned around and saw Perrie facing me on the bed with her legs closed.

"What's going on then?"

"Jesy agrees with you... she says there's no reason for me to even say anything about it really. As far as anyone knows, it's nothing to do with me."

"What if someone asks you? Like, in an interview?"

"I can specify for them not to ask me about it."

"Which is gonna look even more suspicious, surely?"

"No, not if I don't mention it specifically. Like, if it's an interview about the tour, me and the girls will only answer questions about the tour, you know."

"You should never have come; this has messed everything up." I sighed. Perrie and I seemed to have switched; a second ago, she had been panicking but seemed better after talking to Jesy. Whereas now, I was getting more and more worried.

"Babe don't say that. What's messed up?"

"I can't believe this has happened."

"It's alright, listen," Perrie sat facing me on the window ledge and took my hand. "Jesy was right, you were right. Look, this person can insist all they want that they saw me today, but without a photo, it means nothing."

"Why would they lie though?"

"That doesn't matter, you know what the fanbase is like! Picture or it didn't happen, usually!" Perrie smiled. "Honestly, babe... I did freak out for a second but there's no need to worry. Give it a couple of days and it'll die off. Everybody will forget about it."