Chapter Twelve

I spent a lot of time on Sunday torturing myself by going online and looking at pictures from Little Mix's performance at G-A-Y, scrolling through Instagram, reading about how amazing it had been, how great the girls had been...

By the time I managed to get to sleep that night, I was in a very strange mood, part of me was still depressed about the failure that had been my Saturday night, but part of me was almost sick with excitement about Little Mix the next day.

I was amazed at how quickly the day passed on Monday. I was there before eight in the morning, joining a line of people who had either just got there like me, or camped out all night.

I got talking to a group of Mixers and it seemed like only minutes later we were all stood squashed together, watching people set up speakers, cheering when Little Mix's album started blasting out of it, unashamedly singing as loud as we could, hoping that if they were there, they could hear us...

I was halfway back in the line of excited, giddy people, so it was the perfect view across the shopping centre. A scream went up that built and built in volume when Little Mix emerged, waving around at us all.

People started crying; some were shaking, repeating over and over how sick they felt, and how beautiful the girls looked.

I don't think I took my eyes off Perrie the whole time I was stood there, moving with the line, just watching the four of them get closer and closer, how they'd held people's hands and laughed with them, hugged those stood sobbing in front of them.

When I was finally next in line, the album sleeve was shaking rapidly in my hand and I couldn't breathe properly. Obviously having met them before made absolutely no difference to my nerves.

I was ushered forwards, the girls still waving away the previous person. When the girls turned and saw me, Perrie stood up, her smile growing and opened her arms. "Jakob! It's so good to see you babe!"

Oh my god, she gives the best hugs ever. She squeezes so tight like she really means it. I wish I could stand hugging her for hours...

"How are you babe?" Jade smiled.

"Really good, amazing. You?"

"Same." She giggled.

"I've been worried about you though." Perrie then spoke again.

"Really? Why?"

"You never replied to my message on Saturday night! I didn't know if you'd made it home." She said but she was grinning. "How did you like the show?"

Perrie started frowning and I knew my expression gave me away. I really didn't want to have to tell her, but...

"Well to tell you the truth – I didn't see the show." I started speaking in a rush. "It wasn't my fault though, the bouncer on the door, he was such a – well he didn't let us in, me and Lauren, he said we were drunk, honestly we hadn't had a thing to drink-"

"Its okay babe, slow down." Perrie said. She gently took the album sleeve and squeezed my hand.

"He just wouldn't let you in?! Even though you were on the list?!" I overheard Jesy. Perrie must have spoken to them about me being on the guest list.

I nodded. "I don't know what his problem was, we were not drunk."

"I'll be having some words I think." Leigh-Anne sighed in frustration.

"No, don't worry-"

"It's okay, honestly. But I'm not letting it go." Leigh said again.

"If I put someone's name on the guest list, I expect them to get let in the bloody place!" Perrie smiled, and I returned it. She gave my hand another squeeze before letting go and raising her pen.