Chapter Twenty One

Jakob's POV:

"About time." Perrie grinned, stepping aside to let me in.

"I'm not late... am I?"

"No, I'm just impatient." She smiled. I automatically went towards the kitchen as I had done the last time I had been there, but Perrie held me back.

"Hang on babe, let me take your jacket." I handed her it over then she leaned in to kiss me.

"Hi." She said breathlessly when it was over.

"Wow." I managed to say. Perrie winked.

"How're you doing babe? I've not heard from you since I saw you the other night?" She pouted.

"Yeah, I'm sorry... I've just been thinking, a lot. About everything, I didn't want to bother you either-"

"Jakob, you could never bother me, I've told you that."

"I've just been trying to get my head around things."

"How's that going babe?" Perrie said softly.

"I don't really know." I said truthfully. "I'll get back to you."

"You better." She said. "Come and have a drink."

Perrie led me into the kitchen. Hatchi was eating in the corner and immediately approached me.

"Awhh! He's here! Hello!" I crouched down to Hatchi's level.

"What d'you want to drink babe?" Perrie laughed, watching Hatchi sniffing frantically around me.

"Whatever you're having... Oh I brought another bottle of wine, I'll just-"

"It's okay, I'll get it. He seems to really like you! In your jacket yeah?"

"Yeah, tucked in the inside pocket, thank you."

"No bother babe."

Every time she called me 'babe', little fireworks went off inside me. I grinned to myself, jumping a little when Hatchi leapt at my face with his tongue out.

I went into the hallway when Perrie didn't come back right away. "Where did-"

I stopped and Perrie jumped, looking up. She had a crumpled up bunch of paper in her hands and immediately folded them back up, stuffing it back in my jacket and was about to pick up the wine, on the floor in between her feet.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean- I just saw the-" Perrie sighed. "I really didn't mean to babe, I couldn't help myself."

I didn't answer.

The previous night, I had been writing lyrics and had quickly stuffed them out of sight in the nearest thing when Maddie knocked and came straight into my room without waiting for an answer. I had completely forgotten I had them in my jacket pocket.

"Bear? I'm sorry."

"It's alright." I whispered. "I asked you to go in my jacket... I totally forgot that it was in there."

Perrie left the wine on the floor and came closer, looking on the verge of tears. "I still shouldn't have looked."

"It doesn't matter."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course."

"I'm sorry."

"Stop apologising." I smiled. "I told you to go in my jacket. Forget it."

**

A couple of hours passed and I completely forgot about what had happened earlier. We had a couple of glasses of wine, let Hatchi out in the garden for a run, had a tickle fight on the living room floor and ended up with both of us sprawled across the length of the sofa, I was squashed between Perrie and the back of the sofa with my head on her shoulder, resting my now third glass of wine on her thigh.