Chapter Fifty Seven

Perrie didn't say anything as she scrolled through my mentions, but she didn't seem to be blinking.

"Say something."

"Erm... oh shit."

"Yeah, oh shit." I agreed. My heart was pounding fiercely, as though I was a child who had been caught doing something I shouldn't be.

"What do I do? What am I supposed to say?" I swung my legs off the bed, taking my phone back and staring at it. "Oh god, you were right. I should have gone in the back way, what am I meant to say to everyone? Why didn't I think about this?"

"Babe-"

"Seriously what am I meant to say now?"

"Well first of all calm down!" Perrie said, raising her voice. "What were you saying to me last night? You were the one who reminded me we probably got pictured, didn't we agree I'd say you were our DJ?"

"Yeah. You'd say. I didn't know I'd be the one getting questioned about it. It never even crossed my mind people would recognise me."

Perrie shuffled up behind me. "Well you don't have to say anything you don't want to say."

"I can't just ignore everyone though. That'll just seem weird. Won't it? Will it?"

"I don't know." Perrie shrugged. "When was the last time you were on Instagram?"

"God... a good few days ago, probably a week. I never used to be detached from it."

"Oh?"

"I only really got into it because of you." I smiled. Perrie hugged me around the waist. "Now I've got the real thing."

"Yeah, you do." She said. "Look, just ignore everything for now. Me and the girls have got a few things coming up this week anyway, with the single coming out... so if I get asked about you, I'll just say you're my DJ like we said, and you'll get left alone."

"Will I?"

"Well why wouldn't you?"

"I suppose..."

"Well, you'll get left alone much more than you would if I said you were my boyfriend that's for sure."

"Which is bound to happen sooner or later anyway." I said quietly.

"Yeah, and we've talked about this... later rather than sooner. Right?"

"Right. But eventually it will happen, and don't you think people will be a bit pissed off once they realise you lied to them first?"

Perrie hesitated. "Well... maybe yeah. But it's nobody else's business, they're not in our position, they don't get to decide what we do or what we say and when we say it. And the fact is we're not ready yet. Right?"

I just nodded, forcing a smiling, holding back what I really wanted to say. I didn't want to start an argument with her while she was poorly.

Even as I thought this, Perrie groaned, holding her stomach, and stumbling out of bed, tripping towards the bathroom.

"Perrie use the bin!" I said, too late as I heard her retching over the toilet. I quickly followed her, once again holding her hair, and rubbing her stomach.

"Sorry." She muttered with a cough.

"Don't be daft. You need to stay in bed now, come here..."

I wrapped the quilt back around Perrie and said, "Are you sure you're going to be okay? What's your next thing? Don't you think you should cancel?"