Chapter Thirteen

I was definitely dreaming. Or something.

Maybe it's an hallucination. Maybe I banged my head somewhere while I was walking home, and...

Oh my god. This is actually real.

I was sitting in Perrie Edwards living room with a huge blanket around me. Shivering, but warming up from the fire Perrie had lit as soon as we walked in. She had gone into the kitchen after getting me the blanket, saying she was making me a hot drink.

Her house was completely amazing. I'd never been anywhere like it in my life, it was huge. The kind of huge that would make you think it's too big for one person. But it worked, Perrie had made it so homely. There were pictures and household decorations everywhere. I wanted to get up and walk around the room a bit, but I was too cold to do anything but shiver just then. So I looked left and right in wonder. Trying to take in where I was. Who I was with.

"Here you go." Perrie came in and handed a hot chocolate, sitting right next to me and smiling. "You warmed up a bit?"

"Yeah, loads thanks."

"You're soaked." Perrie chuckled. I sort of froze inside as she stroked strands of my short wet hair away from my eyes. "Drink that babe, then you can hop in the shower. I'll give these wet clothes a wash and they'll be fine for tomorrow yeah? My friend, he leaves some of his clothes here when he stays over. So I've got you a T-shirt and some shorts for you to sleep in, they're warming up on the bathroom heater."

I couldn't form any words in my head, never mind try and speak. Perrie tilted her head to the side and giggled. The sound made my heart flutter.

"Can you still speak?"

"Yeah." I whispered, blushing deeply. "Perrie... this is really great of you and everything-"

"Hey, don't try and argue mister, you're not going back out in that. It's okay, I don't bite honest. I'll have you home first thing tomorrow."

Still I didn't know what to say. Perrie giggled again. "I'm gonna go and put a towel and stuff in the bathroom, okay? Drink up, I'll be back in a minute. Feel free to have a wander round too."

She gave my arm a squeeze and left the room, looking back and flashing me a brilliant smile when she saw I hadn't taken my eyes off her since she had stood up.

My hands were shaking as I raised the hot drink to my lips, but not from the cold anymore. I couldn't even begin to count the amount of people who would cut their right arm off to be where I was. I couldn't explain how I felt at all, but a part of me was scared.

I'd met Perrie twice now at signings and we'd sent so many messages to each other... but this was so weird, so surreal. On a social networking site, it seemed like we were best friends, and speaking to each other... I felt like I knew her, I mean really knew her.

But would that be the same in this situation? Just the two of us, without the hype and the atmosphere of a signing, without the shield, the strange protection a message via a mobile phone brought?

For the first time, I started to consider Perrie's behaviour towards me. Surely, she had never done this with a fan before. Had anyone ever?! Surely it wasn't normal...

I stood up shaking my head, continued drinking as I walked slowly around the sofa. Why was I questioning this? I was definitely afraid it would be awkward, but I'd just have to make the best of it. This was the definition of once in a lifetime. One day, I could tell my grandkids that Perrie Edwards took me into her house, let me use her shower, made me a hot chocolate... Oh god.