Chapter Seventy One

Perrie had completely missed the sink at first, and I had to step around the splatter of vomit on the floor to get to her; she was clinging onto the sink to stay upright, since her legs didn't seem to be doing the job.

I put my arms around her, taking her weight as she leaned back into me. She couldn't seem to keep her eyes open. "I don't feel very good."

"What happened? What were you drinking?"

Perrie just grunted and threw herself over the sink again. I grabbed her hair in one hand, keeping hold of her with the other.

"Babe I need to get you in bed. Come on... Perrie, come and get in bed."

Perrie kept her eyes closed as I helped her from the kitchen to our room, stumbling side to side as we went. "Where- where'd you go?" She murmured as I lay her down, throwing the cover over her. "Couldn't find you... for ages."

"I'll tell you tomorrow."

"Did you leave?"

"Pez I'll tell you tomorrow, get some sleep."

"I don't feel well."

"I know babe, you had too much to drink."

Perrie shook her head slightly, frowning, but her voice was going, full of sleep. "Only had three or four. No. Definitely three. Definitely."

"Tomorrow, Pez. Sleep."

"You staying with me?"

"Course I am, I'm here."

I waited until Perrie was asleep before leaving the room. I quickly cleaned up downstairs, taking a bucket, a towel and some water back up with me and leaving them beside Perrie before going into the studio with my phone and ringing Lauren.

"Hello?"

"Hey, you still awake?"

"...Who do you think answered, Jakers?"

"Right. Course. I need you to do me a favour."

"Sure, what's up?"

"Tomorrow, will you let my dad know we can't make it for dinner? I'm gonna ring him myself when I get a chance, I promise, just until I get a minutes will you just tell him I can't and I'm really sorry? Perrie had her drink spiked tonight."

"She what?! Oh my god, for real?"

"Yeah, well I dunno for definite but she's insisting she only had about three drinks, she's sick, she passed out, she couldn't keep her eyes open just now. I'm pretty sure that's what happened."

"Bloody hell you can't go anywhere these days can you? Even the proper classy places..."

"I know. She's a mess."

"Bloody hell... Yeah I'll let your dad know in the morning, don't worry."

"Thanks Lauren... is Alfie okay?"

"He's in the worst mood ever, which is driving me crackers cos I'm not being funny but, well, he won didn't he?"

"Right. But I meant physically."

"Oh. He looks ridiculous. That's probably why he's in such a strop, he got his pretty face spoiled."

"Is he there?" I chuckled.

"No, I'd be getting strangled." Lauren laughed. "I'm sorry about before, ruining your night..."

"It's not a problem. Looking at Perrie it probably wouldn't have ended too well anyway."

"Yeah... I just didn't want you to find out later and get upset that I- oh, Alfie wants to talk to you. That cool?"

"Fine. I'll talk to you soon yeah?"

"Yeah I wanna know how Pezza is, text me or something. Oh one last thing."

"What?"

"You were fucking awesome tonight."

Before I could reply, Alfie's voice replaced Lauren's. "J?"

"Hi."

"Hi, erm... babe get out for a minute, just one minute!" I heard Lauren swear and Alfie laughed, then he said, "I'm sorry I was such a dick before."

"Don't worry about it. I can't say I wouldn't be the same if I looked like a raccoon with hayfever."

"Fuck off!" Alfie laughed. "I was just angry. Not only for having a scrap and ending up in hospital, but I'm sorry for spoiling your night."

"You didn't-"

"No, tonight was huge and I fucked it up. I'm sorry. And I had a few beers so you can blame those but I was really proud of you tonight, you were brilliant."

"Wow. Really?"

"Really. I can't wait to see you again in Newcastle. And tell Perrie if she doesn't make you huge after this, I'm coming after her."

"I'll do that... thanks."

"Is she alright?"

"Erm... kind of. Not really. We'll see. I'll let you know through Lauren though. Are you two alright by the way?"

Alfie sighed heavily. "I can't say I didn't enjoy giving him a smack after what he did to her... but she got really mad at me. We're speaking but she still looks upset, d'you think she'll forgive me?"

"I think the fact she's still there says a lot."

"True..."

"You'll be fine, bet you anything. It'll all look better in the morning."

"My face won't." He muttered, and I couldn't help laughing.

"Night bro."

"Night DJ Jakers. I can't wait to start telling people DJ Jakers is my brother."

"Oh shut up... goodnight."

"Night."

**

I expected Perrie to be awake on and off all night, and as a result I hardly slept. But she didn't stir until almost lunchtime the following day, rolling onto her back and instantly raising a hand to her head.

"Bear?"

"I'm here babe." I said, sitting up and supporting my head on my arm. "How d'you feel?"

"Terrible." Perrie said, sounding like she was about to cry. "What happened last night?"

"You don't remember?"

"No... the last thing I remember is dancing with you."
I clenched my jaw. "You don't remember me leaving?"

Perrie blinked at me. "You left? When?"

"It doesn't matter now-"

"It does, where did you go?"

"I'll tell you later, I want to know what happened to you."

"I don't know." Perrie whispered. "I really don't, I only had a couple of drinks... didn't I?"

"I dunno babe, like I said I had to... look do you think you might've had your drink spiked?"

Perrie's eyes filled with tears and she nodded. "I thought that... but I didn't wanna - it's the only explanation isn't it?"

"I think so babe."

"Oh god... How did I get home? I don't remember anything... where did you go?"

I explained everything that had happened the previous night. When I told Perrie she had had to be carried out of the club after passing out, I thought she might faint again.

The paparazzi are gonna have an absolute riot over this one." She groaned.

"Look on the bright side... your shocking behaviour is just easing them in to when you tell them you're with a cool ass DJ."

Perrie actually laughed, but clutched her head with another groan. "Oh. No laughing. No laughing."

I lay back on the bed and lifted Perrie into my arms, kissing her head. "I'm really sorry."

"Why?"

"I wasn't there. If I'd have stayed I might've seen something, or... did you leave your drink anywhere?"

"No, I never do. I think I might've give it to one of the girls to hold when I went to the loo, I usually do but I must've put it down for this to happen... Anyway it's not your fault, don't start."

"How do you feel?"

"My head's banging. It's like a triple hangover or something, I'm aching everywhere... God knows how I'm gonna go onstage tomorrow night like this."

"You'll be fine by then, I'll look after you."

Perrie frowned. "You're going to your dad's today."

I shook my head. "I've spoken to him, he hopes you feel better soon."

"No, Jakob you're not staying here cos of me-"

"It's not up for discussion Pez, so don't waste your breath. Do you want anything to eat?"

Perrie sighed, folding her arms and pulling a face, sulking. "No."

"Aah babe... do you want to come for a shower? You might feel a bit better."

"I'm not sure I can be in any position other than horizontal right now."

"Oh yeah?" I chuckled. "How come you never say anything like that when you're healthy?"

"Stop making me laugh!" Perrie groaned. "Yeah I want a shower, I feel disgusting... you gonna come with me?"

"Yeah, if only to keep you upright." I smiled, kissing her cheek and walking around the bed to help her up. "Take your time, yeah? You don't want to be sick again."

"When was I sick?" Perrie gasped. "Oh my god, this is really bad... I don't remember fuck all."

"It's okay, I'm sure you can get the girls to fill you in. They're probably looking forward to it."

"I'm never living this down am I?"

"I doubt it. But look, it's pretty obvious you didn't end up like this off your own doing. Do you want to speak to the police?"

Perrie pulled a face, sitting up and swinging her legs out of bed, rubbing an eye. "I dunno babe, is it really worth it? There's no way of ever knowing who it was... I suppose we could make them aware it happened though..."

"I will be doing. Let's get you cleaned up yeah?"

"What are you trying to say? Oh no... do I stink?"

"No, you don't stink. How about I give you a massage when we're done in the shower."

"Awh, you're too good to me."

**

Perrie was sick twice more that afternoon. I suggested going to the hospital but she flat out refused, and we just ended up watching films on the tv. Or rather, Notting Hill was on in the background while I watched Perrie sleeping soundly with her head in my lap, a blanket wrapped around her.

"It's creepy watching people sleep." She mumbled suddenly, making me jump.

"When you're as beautiful as you are, how can you blame me?"

"Thought you liked Notting Hill?"

"I do... but I like you more."

Perrie opened her eyes, smiling sleepily. "Hi."

"Hey you. How are you feeling?"

"Not good still." She pouted. "This is the second time you've had to look after me now."

"You know I don't mind. What else am I gonna do? Leave you by yourself?"

"Many would've done by now." Perrie yawned.

"Not me. D'you want some more painkillers?"

"No point, they're not working babe."

"D'you want anything to eat? Or something other than water? I could do you a cuppa."

Perrie shook her head, sitting up slowly. "I'm fine. Just sit here with me and give me a cuddle."

"I can do that."

Perrie curled up in my arms, kissing my shoulder before resting her head there. "I love you. So much, you know that don't you?"

"I know babe. I love you so much as well."

"I had a dream about you just now."

"Oh?"

"You know one of them dreams when you wish you hadn't woken up yet? Ah it was so good, we were mermaids- well you were a merman obviously-"

"We were what?!" I spluttered.

"Mermaids! I've always wanted to be one, just for a day or something, don't you think it'd be really cool?!"

"I've never given it much thought babe."

"You've not had much free time over the years have you?" Perrie giggled.

"No, not really! Clearly you've had too much! What else d'you think about?"

Before Perrie could answer, there was a loud rapping on the door and Perrie groaned. "God, who's that?"

"Only one way to find out! I'll get it."

I answered the door to Jaron, one of the dancers, standing there with a cute little bunch of different coloured flowers. "Sup Jake!" He grinned. "Hope you don't mind me dropping in, just wondering how Perrie is?"

"She's in the front room, come in. D'you want anything to drink?"

"No thanks, I won't stay long. These are from all of us by the way, I'm not that soft."

"Good to know." I laughed, following him into the front room.