Chapter 41, Linda Parker

"I have closed my eyes!" My mom shouted suddenly when Julian had moved his hand to my waist and pulled me closer. 

We broke apart, red in face, each with the realization that there is nothing worse than being caught, by one's mother I say. 

"Mom." I hissed under my breath. 

"Oh so I'm opening my eyes now," my mother dramatically said, "Next time, don't do this deed in front of me. Teenagers..." 

I saw her petite figure disappear in her room and I took Julian's tie to tie it properly around his collar. 
My seventeen year old boyfriend has no clue upon how to wear a tie. 

My hands did the final turn and straightened his tie, completing his look.

"Thanks." He nodded as he eyed my work in approval. 

We made our way to Thea and Mason kissing, back to my room.

"Guys.." I sigh, indirectly telling them to stop their business and scoot over to let us through the door. 

Now I got why mom was so frustrated. 

Thea waved over her hand while Mason shifted a slight bit, giving us access to move over to the door. After getting back into my room and shouting around in order to get everyone's attention, I point to the clock. 

"We're late," Jade sighed.

Jake snorted, "Who cares, prom is shit anyway," 

Julian raised his hands, "Whatever. We're leaving; Mia, Noah, Jordan are already there." 

At last, we rose up...all ready for what might be the best night in all of our school lives. 

******************************

"I swear I'll kill you Theo, you sat on my dress all through the ride," Thea exclaimed while getting out of the car. 

"The ride only lasted 10 minutes girl," Jake rolled his eyes. 

I turned around to see both of them at each other's necks, "Guys, it's prom. Can you shut it? Who knows if we'll ever have the opportunity where each of us is together." Making my way toward them, I asked something that had been bugging my mind since days, "Will we remain this close? Would I be able to repay the happiness and laughter you guys gave me? It's our last day here today in the school. Let's just keep it down? Cherish the moment?" 

Thea wrapped her arms around me, "Now, don't make me cry now. Of course we'd forever be friends, I swear on this cherished moment!" 

Jake joined in, "Sorry..." 
That was enough to crack a smile on my face before I stretched my hand, letting him join us. 

Before we knew it, all of us had wrapped ourselves in the scent of perfume and cologne, it was the true scent of friendship. I breathed it all in, holding on tight to this memory. 

My eyes fell to Julian all of a sudden, he was eyeing the school gate; hadn't quite joined us in our so called 'cherished moment'. 
His eyes were dancing on the stairs, the place where we were looking for my diary not quite that long back, back when his sister lived, laughed and colored our lives. 

"Julian?" I called to him, my voice soft. 

He turned back and quickly wiped his eyes and made his way towards us. 
We had broken up our hug by then, I reached out to take his hand. 

I can't say if I imagined it, but, I think he hesitated before placing his hand in mine. 

I led him to the hall, after passing through the green fields which led to the football field - a place filled with roars we had made all throughout the years.