Chapter 23, Back again

I drive.
On my way to school...light headed, finally.

I found Julian, but he had found about me, well only partially. And now I am going to tell him everything.
Every single thing.

Help me please.

I don't want him to know about this; but I can't let him sulk. He is the only person living who deserves to know this about me. He is someone I can truly trust upon.

But..

I can't loose him. I told Via last time, and she ended up dead.
I believe in second chances to things, but am I taking a risk that I shouldn't?

It's not that I haven't thought about this. I spent the whole night thinking.
Maybe it isn't such a good idea, or maybe it is.

Ughhh. I don't know.

After I promised Julian that I'd tell him, he has a smile carved into his face. I can't remove that.
It's like letting my own smile falter.

We are back together again, not as if we were separated before; but back back together again.
We smile, we laugh, we kiss and we hold each other's hand when we need the warmth.

We both drank a few cups, then we danced. It felt so nice and natural when his hands held me. my body fit perfectly into his hands. It felt so nice.

I still smile at my thought of seeing Mia and Noah dancing together. They are cute.
Mia is a kind, fun person to be with whereas Noah; we all know him.
They danced together and I was happy to see them dancing so happily. Mia is a real good dancer but she was dancing like crazy yesterday; letting her and Noah fall into the trap of laughs.

Who knows what chemistry is going on there...

*********************

I park my car at the usual spot and again am facing the crowd of crazy teens.
Don't they have lives?

"You were looking gorgeous yesterday!" A blonde exclaims.
- Thanks, my dear.

"So sad you found Julian, I was actually trying to get you...how can you end up with him? I'm loads better" a jerk stated.
- You have really won a lottery that I haven't punched your face.

"I called you yesterday; why didn't you pick up?!" A redhead exclaims with anger.
- Oh my god! I'm so sorry!

"Are those red coloured socks you're wearing? To be honest it doesn't match your skirt." A really wise person comments.
- Why don't you take up a job of being my stylist fella? I'll even pay you a cent each day!

"Is the rumour true that you straighten your hair everyday?" Another asks.
- Ever heard the word natural in your life? It's written in the dictionary with its meaning if you haven't! Go check it out!

I make my way towards my locker.
And I see some one waiting for me.

"Shai" he says with a smile on his face. It makes me really happy to see it; but at the same time, it worries me.
Who knows if David comes to know that I've told him?

"Hey" I say, keeping my voice extra cheerful.
There is no sarcasm people.

"Why are you so worried?" Julian asks, god why is he so damn smart?!!

"Oh nothing." I shrug it off...play dumb
The advice goes same.

"Not again!" Sighs him.
Advice again, don't take that advice above. It's useless.

"Look Shai, it's your choice. To tell me or not, but do remember...you are not alone. I have had enough of you keeping me in the dark. You have always faced this alone, and never been happy; let's change it a bit to see if it works! Look I'm not forcing you, but it's better for both of us.
For me, I'll be able to know you better and hold your hand in times of distress, i would feel that you trust me, which right now I don't. I feel that I ain't capable for you to trust me. I know you're worried but let's experiment...
It's better for you too! You wouldn't feel alone, whenever something would happen, you would know that I'm here. Telling your story won't affect you Linda Lovette Parker for me, it'll bring you closer." He finishes.

How do I reply?

And I have nothing to say.

************************

I am right here in the middle of the cafeteria... hopelessly looking at my friends.
Noah is pulling Mia's blonde hair, and she is trying her best to dodge him.
Jessy is furiously texting on her phone...talking god knows what.
Jake is gone, I have no clue where, but yeah probably having fun.

Jade laughing at Theo's jokes, which are extremely funny.
The sarcasm is raining.
Wanna hear one?
- why did the celebrity post a clip of himself sneezing?
Because he wanted to make a viral video.

So funny right?
Sarcasm is dropping down the sky.

Cal sits right next to Julian. Looking as shady as ever. His green eyes scan the surroundings, as trouble is just a centimetre away.
I can't believe this guy actually knows everything about me.
Everything.

Still he doesn't say it. He hasn't even talked to me once about it.
That's really strange. But again, it's Cal. No surprises.

I get up to keep my tray back, and head out.
Julian has some football practise on, so wasn't here at lunch.
Thea is off on leave, high fever.

Mason is also there...no no not at her house. Practise. Football. Boom.

"Shailene." I hear a rough voice.

No no no no. Please no.

"Turn back please, I know you heard me. I was audible enough." It says again.

"Hey Cal!" I greet, grinning like an idiot.
Do you know, I escaped from the mental hospital people?

"Yeah...so you met my dad. Kim. He told me that he told you that he told me everything." He mumbles.

"Sorry what?" I ask, genuinely confused.

He really looks uncomfortable.
"Well um, your secret is safe with me. I won't tell anyone I promise. I've known this since a long time and you see I still call you Shailene.
Linda doesn't suit you, you know?" He says.

Maybe he isn't that bad after all. He has helped me.
There is a reason Julian considers him a good friend.

"Thank you Cal. And yeah I know Linda doesn't really suit me.
That's why I even mumble myself Shailene. Shailene is way more cooler." I roll my eyes.

"Whatever. Anyways, bye. Gotta go." He cuts me off.

"Um, okay? See you later?" I ask, half questioning myself.

"Yes" he says, turning his back.

He is really damn strange....

***********

"Well played guys!" Yells Trian, the co captian of the football team.

Rightly guessed. I stand in the midst of boys, all practising hard for the tournament they've got.
Julian is the captain, which is the answer to the question why is soaked in sweat.

I've got my lawn tennis tournament too coming up, and I'm pretty serious about it.
That's called raining sarcasm.
But i really need to start practicing now.

"Shai!"
And I stare open eyed at the boy in front of me.
Shirt off, and on his way to wear nother one, cause the other one was real wet.
Even for a second, I got an amazing view.

Am i drooling?

"Yeah I know.." Julian starts to smirk, and is stopped that instant.

"Shut up. I'm hungry! Let's go get food. Pizza?" I ask, cause I really couldn't deny that he is looking damn...

"Yeah fine" he laughs it off.
Hand in hand, we make way to my favourite place in the whole wide world.

A pizzeria.