Chapter 26, Life

"hahahahahah!!"

I am here. With Julian in front of me. Laughing as crazy. Hello there.
A bottle of soda in hand, sipping up; narrating a story.

'there was a prince and a princess. They fell in love, and lived happily ever after!'
I hope.

"Julian!" I storm.

"Sorry sorry. I got a little distracted when you said 'when I was born in the hospital'" he manages between laughs.
That mind of his.

After completing my ritual of rolling eyes, I complete the sentence.
"I realised that it wasn't only me who had taken birth that day."

That's when he comments "Forgot about other children?"

"You wanna listen or not!? I haven't even completed the sentence" I argue back.
Can't believe it.

"Sorry babe." He admits.

Sighing, I try to complete my sentence, again.

"There was another young girl with light brown hair born before me. From the same mother." I finish up.

"Wait you are a twin?!!!??????" Asks a super confused person.
A person sitting right in front of me, and is famous in the world as 'Julian'.

"So smart." I smile sarcastically.

"That explains." he mumbles.

"What?"

"That's the reason I saw two Shailene's. That the name of that person was Shailene and yours is Linda. She is involved in some thing she shouldn't and you are filling up her place. But what and why?"

Wow.
He's smart.

In other words, I'm dumb!

"That's right actually. You aren't that dumb you know!" *An eyeroll*
"Anyways, Shailene is a gang leader. A gang named Stalwart, that's a synonym of brave; I don't exactly know their policy, but yeah."

I feel a hand on my shoulder. And a smile on his face.
He understands...that I need to fake a person while I don't even know who she really even is.

I hug him.
He's taken by surprise, but hugs back.

"Back to the story. Soon after, we were sent to the orphanage; our parents died due to some reason we are unaware of."
"Shailene was adopted by the Colins, while I went to the Parker's. She got lucky, while I wasn't" I shrug.

"What happened Shai?"

"My parents didn't quite encourage my upbringing. They had adopted me just for their parents. My grandma actually. She was the one who was a real parent to me. Luckily, the Colins lived just next to my house.
And I was welcomed there."

"My grades were slipping, as no one used to teach me at home...I wasn't given practise for math sums and all.
Shailene noticed that, and gave me all the support I needed; Colins helped too. They gave me money for school projects, for the birthday treats I gave at school, they were the ones who used to produce a chocolate cake out of nowhere on my birthday...arranged my parties and all. They were the coolest people ever. And super kind, whenever I broke down when mom and dad crossed limits; they and Shailene supported me and helped me."
"Me and Shailene were best of friends. Everyone said, we were parts of each other. She, the left brained- smart and intellectual as always. Me, the right brained- artsy. We shared a real nice relation. Helping each other out at every part our lives. I loved her."

"So that's why you are so particular about your grades...and help anyone who is willing to take it." Says him.

"Hm. But I still loved them. The Parker's you know, even though they treated me so, they were my parents. Who in some corner of their heart, must have loved me.
"They never forgot my birthday you know. Everytime I got a present - whether a chocolate, a fruit, a pencil, etc."
"Not soon after, I remember I was travelling to granny's...and was very excited. She cared for me as a true parent and hugged me and kissed me. That's when a car hit us. Black in colour. A range rover."
"Mom and dad were bleeding so much. I was sitting in the back seat, towards the right. And so, didn't get quite much injury except a few stitches. But mom and dad passed away."