Chapter 6, What Life Should Be

After waving Mason, Thea, Julian, Noah, Jade and Theo I realized that I had forgot to invite Jessy.  

I'm a bad friend. 

Just as I picked my phone up, to text her, I realized that she is in Hawaii. I smile and ask her to send pictures. I don't mind a free tour. 
As I come face to with the diary. I have heard from many people that I am perfect. I don't have any imperfections. But little do they know...

This diary has all of it. From the start. I just can't risk anyone to see this. She told me not to write it down, but I didn't agree. I did it. She has even killed her...her.. As I weep. I won't let the same happen again. 

I hear a voice. 
Panicked I check my surroundings to make out if anyone is spying on me. 
The voice repeats itself, it certainly wasn't human. 

"Is it thunder?" I think.; as I heard it again and laugh, it is the melodious voice of my stomach.

"Food time!" I yell, as I had never eaten before. 

I hurry towards the kitchen and grab a pack of instant noodles and make myself some salad, since according to my mom, and all the other moms globally, EATING GREENS IS IMPORTANT. 

As soon as I had finished eating, I hear the doorbell, opening it wide I embrace my man into a bone crashing hug, I was seeing dad after such a long time.  

He hugs me back and pats my back. "Trying to kill me aren't you?"

I laugh and sit next to him, while he takes off his shoes. 

"So! How is my little Nutella thief doing?" He asks with a grin.

I reply, "Really well. I looted another jar today, and have a little something for you too." 

Rummaging through the fridge I finally find the green tiffin and pull it out with smug look on my face.

I smirk and hand it to him, while he fakes a gasp. "Wow. It feels like a dream when YOU are giving me a NUTELLA sandwich" he chortles and starts eating. 
Deciding to give him some time alone, I rush back the stairs to my room and hear my phone do a ding. 

Looking up to see the message, I find Julian's profile picture with me, both cuddling on the sofa, with a message. 
"Video call me."

Feeling real giddy, I first change into my pyjamas; which is his hoodie; VERY oversized for me, and some shorts. Tying my hair into a bun, I quickly call him. 

"Hey girl!" he greets as I smile and wave.

I don't forget to take account of his appearance. He is shirtless and is wearing loose pants. His abs are full on display, while his hair is soaking wet, indicating that he had just taken a shower. Rubbing it with his towel, he asks,  "I know the boring format of how are you doing, what's up and all and all, too boring, let's come straight to the interesting part. What did you have for dinner? Your mom isn't at home, and you are a horrible cook and I'm very curious." He asks, wriggling his eyebrows.

I laugh, Julian does know me real well. 

"Instant noodles and salad, which I made myself!!" I cheer, I AM a horrible cook, there is no denying that, but you should taste my sandwich and salad, it is lip licking! To which Julian chuckled. As usual, his head went back and forth, and I love this about him, it shows his carefreeness, and ending with that snort. I pretend to hate it, but its actually one of my favourite parts about his laugh.

"What...don't laugh, I even made my dad a nutella sandwich. And most interesting part, I didn't eat it!" I say. To which I hear more chuckles. 

"That's the thing I love most about you, you're too cute. Oh and do you remember, when you were dancing like a total jerk at your house...And that day, when you literally jumped when you had made into the lawn tennis team! " he roars with laughter.
I laugh back, "Oh come on, that was two years ago."

I love this life. I wish it could remain so forever. But it is not. No matter what. 

"Hey...hope you are better now, what happened today Shai? You hardly cry." he asks softly. 

"I'm fine now Julian, and trust me, it's better if you don't know about it." I say, selecting part of the truth. 

"Fine. Tell me when you are comfortable, and Shai, do remember I'm here for you. I'll hold your hand when you need me." he says. "Well, I called you to tell you something!" 

"What?" I ask. 

"Aha..It's a super duper surprise. Come to my house tomorrow, and see for yourself. " he moos. "Sure, I sure am excited!" I say.

" Well now Shai, it's 12 now, it's better if you have a good night sleep. I don't prefer you having dark black bangs under your eyes." he remarks. 

"Yeah. I am tired, goodnight Julian.." I say halfway yawning. 

"Night babe." He replies hanging up.

"This is what life should be, but it isn't. Whatever a person desires, hardly comes." was my last thought before I drift off to sleep...

Thanks a ton every one for the 214 reads..! I never thought that it could reach even more than 40!! Thanks a lot!
Xoxo