~44~

It had been three days.

Three days since I had seen Levi.

Three days since I walked out on him and I hadn't returned.

He had texted me multiple times, and I had countless missed calls from him but he still hadn't turned up to talk to me.

Not that I'd have let him in, neither would Mikasa for that matter. To say she was livid was an understatement, she wanted to go straight to his apartment and rip his balls off.

I told her to leave it. It wasn't worth it. He wasn't worth it.

Who was I kidding? He was worth it, so, so worth it. But I was hurting. Still am hurting. I can't face him, I don't even want to talk about him.

I had been wallowing in my own self pity in my bedroom for a full three days, I hadn't showered, I had barely eaten or drank anything. Not that I cared.

I had feigned sickness the day I left and called up the next day with the same excuse.

Currently lying in bed, my eyes are red raw with no tears left to shed and my chest aching in my own Levi ridden grief, when my phone began to ring again.

I almost let it ring out when Mikasa threw open the door to my bedroom, storming in.

"If you don't answer that goddamn phone I will take it and smash it up myself! You either answer it or turn it off!" She picked it up and threw it at me on the bed. "Also, get the fuck out of bed and shower. You're starting to stink the house out."

"Ever the caring sister, 'Kas." I grumble turning over in bed and covering myself with the blanket.

The blanket is thrown back off of myself and my phone shoved into my face. "Now, Eren. I'm doing this for you, not for me."

I groan and take the phone out of her hand. I squint at the screen and read Erwin's name lighting it up. I let out a long sigh and click the accept button.

"Hello?" I mumble.

"Eren?" He replies.

"Yeah. What do you want, Erwin?" I still hadn't forgiven him for not telling me about the whole....yeah. I'm not even going to go there again in my head.

"I just wanted to check if you were okay? I haven't seen you since Monday."

"What do you think? Just leave me alone, Erwin."

"Look, Eren, I'm sorry...I should have told you."

"Yes, you should have. Why didn't you tell me?" I sit up in bed, and pinch the bridge of my nose. I can feel yet another headache coming.

"It wasn't my place, Eren. You know that."

"I also thought we were becoming friends? Or is that another lie?" I sigh.

"We are friends! I just didn't think--"

"Didn't think he'd ever be caught? Didn't think I'd ever find out? What?" I can feel tears prick my vision again as anger and sadness take over me again.

"I--I don't know." I hear him sigh down the line. "He's my friend, Eren. What did you want me to do?"

"You know what? It doesn't matter. Tell Levi I'm handing in my notice, he won't have to hide anything from me anymore." With that I hang up and the tears don't stop falling.

"Oh, Eren." Mikasa sits down on the bed beside me and places a comforting hand on my shoulder. "I'm really sorry."

I just look at her and shake my head, another wave of tears racking my body. She quickly grabs me to her chest and rubs soothing circles into my back.