~4~ The Club

"Alright, so what's the plan?" I ask my close friend. Connie had convinced me that we were both going to go out and celebrate the fact that we got interviews. Not actual jobs, just interviews. Pretty sure it was just an excuse to get drunk and pick up girls. Not that I was complaining, I know I'll enjoy myself.

"Well, because we're celebrating we're going somewhere... More upper class. We're not gonna slum it like normal." He replies mischievously and rubs his hands together.

"Right, so where exactly is 'more upper class'?" I ask.

"Here. Here is more upper class." He gestures widely to a very expensive club that I have never stepped foot in before and I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Wait, really? I'll literally blow all my savings in one night coming here." I say sceptically.

"Just trust me okay, we won't pay more than we have to. My uncle owns the place, so as long as we go to him we'll get a decent discount." He shrugs and beckons me to follow him.

I sigh and shake my head. "Fine. But if I spend more than $100, you're paying me back. Got it? Also, if you're uncle owns it, why are you only now showing me?"

He just smiles at me and continues towards the back doors. The bouncer looks us both up and down. "Name and I.D.s"

"Springer, Connie. Here." He hands our I.D.s over and waits patiently. I look around nervously.

"I'll let the boss know you're here, sir. Come in." He says, opening the door.

"Thanks." I say as I pass him and enter the building. I can already hear the faint buzz of music and the floor is vibrating beneath my feet. "Hey, this place ain't half bad y'know." I say as we enter a large room crawling with people. Benches and small tables surround a large dance floor in the middle of the room and the bar is against the far wall.

There's a spiral staircase leading to another floor and I follow Connie up them. "V. I. P. Is up here." He shouts over the music and looks back over his shoulder at me with a small smile. I give him a grin back and nod.

Atop the stairs is another room, closed off by large velvet curtains and another bouncer stands in front of a red rope fence. He looks at Connie, gives him a nod and let's us through. "Damn, Con. It's like your famous." I laugh as we enter the room.

"The perks of being the nephew of the owner, I guess." He shrugs walking towards the bar. "I'll take a double rum and coke, please." He says to the bartender, then looks at me. "What you having?" I open my eyes wide and shrug. "Make that two." He laughs at my innocence.

It's not like I've never drank alcohol before, I just haven't got a clue what's good or not. I usually just have whatever Mikasa gets me, I'm not picky. When the bartender finishes making our drinks we take them and find an empty booth to sit in.

The seats are a plush leather and are very comfy. I sink back into the seat and take a sip of my drink. I cough and splutter a bit, making Connie laugh. "Shit, that's stronger than I thought it was gonna be!" I laugh with him.

"You wanna go dance?" I ask him when we've finished our second lot of drinks.

"You coming onto me?" He says with a smirk, placing a hand on his chest then laughs. "Alright, let's go." He nods.

Now that I can feel slight buzz from the alcohol I want to let loose a bit. We dance un-rhythmically, not that either of us care, and just lose ourselves to the music. I can see that Connie has found some girl and is now dancing with her, his hands placed lightly on her waist. I shake my head and smile.

I catch his eye and point to the bar, he gives me a small nod and continues his pursuit. I walk over to it and order myself another drink, I notice the booth we were sat in earlier is now occupied so I stay sat at the bar instead.

"Whiskey on the rocks." I hear a familiar voice say. Again? What is with this guy, he's gotta be following me. "Eren." He says, not even looking at me, but takes a seat next to me.

"Levi." I say in reply and take another mouthful of my drink.

"What brings you here?" He asks as he's passed his tumbler and turns himself to face me.

"Connie and I landed ourselves an interview. So we're out celebrating. You?" I reply, turning my body towards him, our knees brush slightly and I can feel a blush creep up my neck.

He doesn't move his leg away from mine, and draws circles around the rim of his glass. "Nice. No reason, just wanted a drink." He says smoothly.

"So... Do you come here often?" I ask.

He laughs softly. "Is that your best pick up line?"

I look at him confused, then my mouth makes the shape of an 'o' as I realise what I just asked him. "Shit, no, that's not what I meant!" I look down at my glass nervously.

"Hey, I'm not complaining. But, actually yes I do come here quite often. I own shares in this place." I look back up at him and he's not taken his eyes off me. I catch his eyes and gulp.

"Oh, really? Th--that's cool. I mean, uh..." I trail off and stop myself from babbling on. "I mean, it's cool that you like part own this place or whatever."

He nods his head at me, finishes his drink and lifts himself off his chair. He's standing over me now, his chest in line with my face and I have to look up to see his eyes. Instead of stepping away from me, he leans towards me and whispers in my ear. "You're always welcome here, just tell them Levi sent you. They'll tell you where to go."

His breath on my neck sends shivers down my spine and I gulp again. I turn my face towards him and find that he's not pulled his face away from mine and we're just mere inches apart. Our eyes meet again.

"Alright." I breath, I cant help it, but my eyes fall to his lips and I watch them quirk up at the side when he notices and he licks his bottom lip before biting it. Oh my god...

"See you around, Eren." He touches my shoulder with his hand lightly before he walks away, leaving me delirious, feeling his warm touch on my shoulder still and watching after him.

Fuck, he knows. He's gotta know. What is he doing to me?