~5~ The Interview

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

I rolled over to my front and slammed my hand down on my alarm clock to stop the incessant noise. "Uuugh..." I groaned into my pillow then pushed myself up and got out of bed. Dragging my feet, I walked to the bathroom and turned the shower on. "Best make sure I look good today, right?" I muttered to myself and get in. "Be lucky to even get the job anyway..."

After washing, I step back out of the shower and walk up to the mirror. Wiping at the steamed up glass and looking at my reflection. I had bags for days and my hair was standing on end. Great, what a day to look like shit. With a sigh I start to comb through my hair and do my usual morning routine before heading back to my room to get dressed and ready.

Dressing smart was a given for an interview, nevermind in this kind of industry so I donned my best attire for the occasion. A burgandy pair of slacks with matching waistcoat, paired with a black buckle belt, black dress shoes, black long sleeved shirt and then a matching tie.

I checked myself over one more time in the mirror. I scrubbed up quite well considering, the bags had faded a bit, but pretty sure that's because I used some of Mikasa's concealer to hide those dark spots. My hair on the other hand is another story. It is still just flopping around and there's not much I can do with it, so I've just left it to do it's own thing. Picking up my phone I send a quick text to Connie to see if he's up and ready for our interview and head for the front door.

~~~~~Time skip~~~~~

Its now 10am and as per usual, Connie and I have agreed to meet in the coffee shop for a quick drink as its only a five minute walk to the agency. But he's running late, of course. I'm sat waiting patiently for him to arrive, sipping on my coffee and feeling ridiculously over dressed when I see none other than Levi walk in, also wearing a suit.

Damn, he even looks good like that. I catch his eye and give him a small wave, which makes him raise his eyebrows at me and walk over. "Want to talk to me today, do we? Without the alcohol that is. " He says.

"Heh...Yeah, sorry about the other day. I was just...shocked I guess. To see you here, I mean. I was shocked to see you at the bar too though, but yeah. Alcohol." I say, rubbing my neck and shrugging.

"Whatever, Kid." He waves his hand in front of his face, dismissing me then sliding into the seat next to mine. "You're dressed nice for just coming here. Going somewhere?" He asks, tilting his head to the side and running a hand across my collar.

I nod my head shyly. "Yeah, I have an interview soon, and I'm meeting Connie here first as it's not too far away. What about you? Unless you always dress this good, of course." I say with a new found confidence and biting my lip.

He smirks slightly, letting his hand drop. "Oh an interview, you say? Well, good luck. I actually have to be somewhere soon, too." The door jingles and Connie walks in and takes a seat at my table giving us both a wave. He is also wearing a suit and tie. "I'll see you later." He says with a wink and turns away to retrieve his coffee.

"Finding him everywhere now, aren't you?" Connie says, nudging my side and giving me a wink.

"Shut up, Dick. It's not like that." I say, lifting my eyes in Levi's direction and finding his eyes locking on mine instantly. "I don't think anyway."

"Sure thing." I quickly avert my gaze and focus on Connie, taking him in.

"Shit, you scrub up well, Con. You look good." I say punching him in the shoulder.

"Thanks!" He says, puffing his chest out and playing with the cuffs of his shirt. "You're not too bad yourself. Except the hair. The hair needs work, dude."

I run my hand through my hair, letting the strands trail between my fingers. "I know, I just don't know what to do with it."

"It's fine. It's too late now anyway." He says before taking a look at his watch. "Oh shit, it's 20 to 11, we better get going. Really don't want to be late."

~~~~~Time skip 5 minutes~~~~~

We arrive in the building and tell the receptionist, Hanji, who we were and are told to take a seat and join the others that will be doing the interview with us. Theres another 5 or 6 guys sat down, having small talk with eachother. They're all pretty tall and good looking as well.

I look at Connie, giving him a nervous look but he just shrugs, pats my shoulder and walks passed me to join the others. I sigh and follow him.

The next 15 minutes go by painstakingly slow, with me tapping my foot impatiently, rubbing my sweaty palms on my trousers and looking at the clock every 30 seconds wishing time would go faster.

The sound of heels clacking against the floor causes the chatter to stop and for us all to look up at Hanji. She's wearing a Navy, knee length skirt with a small slit in the side, a pale blue blouse with long sleeves. Her brunette hair is up in a tight bun with a few strands coming out at the front, framing her face and her black square framed glasses softens her hard stare. She is standing in front of us with a clipboard in hand and beckons us to follow her. "This way please."

We all get up to follow her, as Connie and I were the last to enter, we're the first to follow. She takes us down the long corridor to a large studio and ushers us in. "Take a seat by there, please. Mr. Ackerman will be in to talk you all through the fundamentals shortly." Then she leaves us with the photographer, his back is to us and he is sorting the equipment around him.

The double doors on the other side of the room suddenly open. Thats when I take in a sharp breath and see who this 'Mr. Ackerman' is. I'm standing their dumbfounded, once again while Connie is just laughing at me softly before nudging me in the side.

You've got to be kidding me.

Well fuck.