~9~ My First Day

I stood outside the tall building, waiting for Connie as I was too nervous to enter alone. I paced back and forth, my fingers fidgeting and my palms sweating. "Come on, Connie... We start in 10 minutes." I mumbled under my breath.

My jacket flew out at the sides softly as the wind blew and I felt my hair shift out of place before trying to fix it looking at my reflection in the window. "What's the point?" I huffed, shaking my head.

"What's the point of what?" Connie said from behind me, making me jump.

"Fuck, Con. You scared the shit outta me. Where have you been? You're late!" I said punching him lightly in the arm.

"Hey!" He rubbed his arm and pouted. "I had to drop something off somewhere, we still have five more minutes 'til we start so no worries!"

"Have you even met, Levi? He's a hardass and you know it." I shook my head at him. "C'mon, let's just go!"

Connie just gave me a small smile and nodded before walking ahead of me into the building and speaking over his shoulder to me. "You worry too much, Eren."

I closed my eyes as the wind blew and took a deep breath. "Alright, You can do this, Eren. You're gonna have a nice and easy first day, with no glitches. You'll just get on with it... And hopefully have a good day!" I whispered, giving myself a pep talk then opened my eyes and followed my friend inside.

We walk into the reception and Hanji is sat behind her desk. She looks up at our entrance, giving us both a wide grin. "Well, hello there boys! Glad you could both make it."

"Hey, Hanji." "Alright, Hanji?" We say at the same time.

"Follow me, I'll show you where you'll be working today. Today you'll be working together as you'll just be being shown the ropes by Mr. Smith." Her heels clack as she walks down the same hall that took us to the room we were in for our group interview.

Connie and I look to eachother and he gives me a smile then we both follow Hanji. "So where exactly are these ropes?" Connie asks with a smirk.

"Very funny, Mr. Springer." She looks over her shoulder. "Mr. Smith is just in here." She indicates towards a set of double doors and opens them for us. "Come on in."

Mr. Smith, Erwin as Levi called him at the interview, is sat at a small desk in the corner of the room, fiddling with his camera. "Erwin, your new boys are here."

With that, he looks up and gives us both a smile. "Mr. Jaeger, Mr. Springer! Nice to see you boys again and I can't tell you how excited I am to be working with you both."

"Hey, nice to see you again too, sir." I say, offering my hand and he shakes it. Connie follows suit.

"Right, so first of all, we need to sort out your online profiles for the company." He sits back down and gestures to the two seats infront of his desk. I hear the doors click behind us and I notice that Hanji has left. "Basically, I have to take a couple of shots of you both doing a range of poses and wearing different outfits for some prospective companies."

We both nod our heads at him as he places a couple of forms in front of us. "You'll have to fill these forms in as well, its just your basic info' for the companies records." He then hands us both a pen each. "Any questions, give me a shout. I'm just gonna set up a bit."

~~~~~Time skip~~~~~

A few hours later we had finished filling out the forms and taking the shots that he needed. "Right, you can both go and take a break. You have just 30 minutes today as theres not much more you need to do this afternoon. But normally, you would have an hour. Mr. Ackerman also wants to see you both this afternoon before you leave so don't forget." He shoos us away and we make our way to the canteen.

"Well, this is actually going alright isn't it?" Connie says as we head to the elevator. There are a few people around, all looking at us and whispering. "Christ, take a picture it'll last longer. Excuse the pun." He smirks as he says that last bit and I shake my head at him.

"Yeah, it's going a lot better than I expected." I reply with a small laugh. We step into the elevator and press the button for the 2nd floor. I lean my head back against the wall and sigh.

The doors to the elevator reopen, and I push myself forward as I notice it's Levi getting on. "Hello, Sir." I squeak, Fuck, first time seeing him in days and I can't even talk properly. He looks at me and raises an eyebrow. I have to clear my throat as it didn't quite come out properly, then I try again. "I mean--Hello, Sir." Connie elbows me in the side and snickers and I give him a scowl.

"Jaeger." He nods to me. "How's your first day going?" The doors shut again.

"Uh, fine! Yeah. Mr. Smith has been talking us through everything this morning." I say as we rise to the next floor.

*Ding* The doors reopen and we three step into the hall. "That's good to hear neither of you are slacking on your first day." He says with a sly smile.

I chuckle softly. "No sir, I wouldn't dream of it."

"Good." He turns to me before we walk away. "Jaeger, will you stay for just a minute?"

"Uh, sure?" I say, stopping in my tracks infront of him. Connie also stops and raises an eyebrow at us. Levi just looks at him and I take the hint. "Hey, Con, I'll catch up with you now, okay?"

"Right. See ya in a bit." He turns and walks away.

"Sir?" I ask looking back at him again. "Is everything okay?" His piercing grey eyes are on mine instantly. Christ, why is he so hot?

"Yeah, everything's fine. I just wanted to check up on you. Make sure everything is on track." He replies.

What is he thinking about? Does he have these thoughts too? Or am I just crazy?

"Oh, yes. Everything's good." I reply nervously. If he smiles at me, I honestly don't think I can cope.

"How are you finding it?" He asks, tilting his head to the side slightly with a smirk. It's like he can read my thoughts and knows exactly what's going through my mind.

"It's not what I expected that's for sure. But, i don't mind it. I'm actually enjoying myself." I say trying to keep myself calm.

"Okay, good." He says softly and holds my gaze.

"Was there something else?" I ask, concerned for my wellbeing.

"Ye--Uh. I mean no, no nothing else. Just checking up on you." He averts his eyes.

"Okay...well if that's all, do you mind if I go? It's just... I only get 30 minutes and--" And if I stay much longer, I dont know if I'll be able to stay standing...

He raises his hand to me to stop me. "Sure, yeah. I won't keep you any longer." Oh thank God.

He looks away as I turn around and I take a few steps before turning back when I remembered something. "Oh! Mr. Smith said you wanted to see me later?"

He looks up at me, confused and then he realises and his face lifts slightly. Wait, is he happy that I'm talking to him again? "Yes. Just to do a review of your day. Make sure everything is fine. But we've done that now, so no need."

"Alright then, thanks Levi. I'll see you later." I smile softly at him.

"Hey, It's Mr. Ackerman at work." He points a finger at me with a playful scowl.

"Sorry, Mr. Ackerman." I say bashfully and rub the back of my neck with my hand. With that he turns away, leaving me to my awkwardness.

Luckily the rest of the day goes without a hitch and I don't have any more encounters with Levi, much to my disappointment.