~26~ Paris?

"I love you, Eren." He whispers against my lips.

WHAT?

**********

My eyes open wide involuntarily and I pull away from Levi in disbelief, which is clearly evident on my face as the look he is now giving me is of pure confusion as he gets himself dressed again.

"What...?" I ask softly and just blink my eyes at him.

Love? He loves me? I mean we've literally only officially been going out for less than 24 hours. Love? Okay, yes, what we have has definitely been going on for weeks but I don't think we're at that stage yet. Are we?

Obviously he's gorgeous. I get butterflies in my stomach whenever I look at him and the feelings I get just from being around him are incredible. We have a great time together and there's never a dull moment between us either. But love?

I mean, I feel like I'm missing a part of me when he's not with me and I love being with him. I love that we get on so well and I love the way he treats me. And the kisses. Don't even get me started on the kisses. And the gentle touches and teasing that we share... Damn.

That's not love. It can't be.

Can it?

The entire time I've been having my internal monologue, Levi's face has slowly changed as he is brought to the reality of what he's just said to me and it hits him. He quickly averts his eyes from mine and clears his throat before looking back at me.

"Wait--No--What?" He stutters. "I mean, I loved that, totally loved that. Not you." I quirk an eyebrow at him. "Shit, not that I don't think you're amazing or anything. I mean, 'cause you are. Like you're so great, but love? Uhh--"

I put my finger against his lips to silence him and give a light chuckle. "It's fine, Levi." I shrug my shoulders feeling brave. "I can't help the way my mouth makes you feel in the moment, can I?"

He scowls at me, a blush still evident in his face as he turns away. "Whatever."

"God, you're so sexy when you're angry, Levi." I laugh.

"I am not angry. You're just annoying." He continues to scowl at me.

"Oh really? I'm annoying? That's not what you were saying just five minutes ago. If I remember correctly you were moaning out my name..." I say casually with a smirk and stand up.

He's now looking up at me to see my face, a scowl still present on his. "Just 'cause you can work your mouth don't think you can get away with that smart tongue of yours." He crosses his arms and raises his eyebrows, a small smile coming to his lips. "I can still fire you, you know."

"Do you really think I need to show you how much you don't want to threaten me with that again?" I turn my back to him and head back to my chair.

He groans and places his head in his hands. "What has gotten into you today, Eren?"

"Well--" I start with a smile.

"Don't even!" He snaps sharply, stopping me midsentence and causing a laugh to escape me. A scowl is still playing on his lips but eventually he joins me in laughter. "Christ, Eren, you're such a Brat. You don't even realise what you're doing to me." He shakes his head at me.

I open my mouth to start with a smart comment and he gives me a sharp look and raises his eyebrows in a dare. I put my hands up before motioning zipping my mouth shut and shake my head at him.

"Right, Eren, shall we actually get down to business?" He asks, his voice quickly taken on his usual business tone.

A small smile plays on my lips at the change in his demeanor and I nod my head at him. "Sure."

"Okay, so, Paris." He starts.

"The city of loooove." He gives me a pointed look. "Sorry. Go on." I frown before I motion zipping my mouth shut again.

"Thank you." He sighs. "Now there's a couple of expos I need you to attend with me--"

"As your date, or Co-worker?" I interject, unzipping my mouth dramatically, genuinely interested in the answer.

"As my date." His eyes capture mine.

"Oh. Okay. Are you sure about that?" I ask timidly.

"Yes, Eren, I'm sure. You're my boyfriend, I want you there as my date." He replies softly with a smile.

"But won't that stir things up? Get people talking?" I ask, eyebrows furrowed.

"Let them." He shrugs his shoulders at me. "I don't care, I want you there by my side. "

"Alright." I smile at him, then my face sinks and I look at the floor. "Shit, that means I need to get a new suit."

"I've got you covered, Eren. I'll take you shopping." He looks into my eyes again. "Also, we'll be sharing a room. Is that okay?"

"Mm-hmm." I hum at him, not trusting my voice and gulp. Now everything that we could do is racing through my mind considering our most recent 'activities'.

"We'll be there for a week, but there's actually only four nights that are booked up. So other than that you have me all to yourself." He gives me a smile.

"Really?" I ask, not believing him. Again, those thoughts stir up a rather large blush, burning the back of my neck and cheeks.

"Yes, really. Have you ever been to Paris?" He asks, clearly not noticing where my mind's thoughts have drifted towards.

"Never." I reply with a shy shrug.

"I'll show you around, then." He reaches across the desk and captures my hand in his.

"Okay, it's a date." A wide grin spreads across my face and I squeeze his hand, the blush still evident on my face.

"It sure is." He returns my smile. "Now, get back to work. You've been slacking for too long." He says playfully.

"Have not! I'll have you know the boss called me up here. So I have his explicit permission to be here." I shoot back and cross my arms across my chest defiantly.

"Oh have you now?" He asks, the corner of his mouth lifting and I nod my head at him.

Just then Levi's cell phone starts ringing and he rolls his eyes when he checks the caller I.D. "Sorry, Eren. I actually need to take this." He stands up, indicating the phone that is now in his hand.

"Okay." I say with a smile and stand up, trying to hide my disappointment behind it. "Will I see you later?" I ask hopefully.

"Of course you will, Eren. I promise." He walks towards me, cupping my cheek and plants a soft kiss on my lips that I happily return. "See you later."

I nod my head at him and walk to the door stopping and turning when he starts to speak again. "You know, I could get used to this."

"Me too." I give him a small wave and smile at him which he returns and as he answers his cell, I leave the room.