~49~

Seven o'clock couldn't come quick enough. I just wanted to know what was going on. As much as Levi has hurt me with all the lies, I just wanted to know the truth.

I want to know if we can ever be together again. I miss him. It may have only been a few days, but being almost inseparable for so long has made this...break up unbearable and I can no longer deny that I just want to believe him. That I just want him back in my arms, and for him to hold me again.

I had headed home straight from work, cleaned myself up and actually made a bit more of an effort for the evening. I wore a pair of black skinny jeans and an oversized black t-shirt with white embellishments all over. My hair had been growing out a lot recently and it was almost shoulder length now so I had tied it back, half up, half down and left a few stray strands of hair to fall down into my face, they made me look more sophisticated, or so I thought. My dutiful converses were also on my feet and I was almost ready to go.

I picked up my phone and wallet and grabbed the first jacket I could find from the coat hook. "Hey, Eren! Where are you going? It's 6 o clock, I'm about to make dinner!" Mikasa said from the couch.

"Uhh..." Do I tell her the truth? "I'm going to meet up with Levi. We're going to talk things through." Again.

"Really, Eren? Is that a good idea?" I sigh and look up at the ceiling.

"Look, Kas. I know you love me and you're just trying to look out for me or whatever, but, I need to do this." I look over at her, putting my hands in my jacket pockets and shrugging. "I need to know where I stand. Where we stand."

"Alright. Well...just call me if you need anything." She says with a sigh.

"Thank you, Kas." I run over to her and peck her on the cheek. "Love you. Oh, and don't wait up! I don't know how long I'm going to be."

"Whatever, love you too." She rolls her eyes and continues to watch the TV.

Well that was easier than I expected. I was totally expecting a full on screaming match with her.

~~~~~~~~~~

Now that I'm standing outside his apartment building, the excitement and eagerness to find out has left me and all I can think about is how anxious I am.

What if it was all a big ploy to fuck me over? What if they're in there now fucking eachothers brains out and I walk in on them like the idiot I am? What if everything he said to me today was all just another lie?

I suck back the tears and take a deep breath. Just do it Eren. Just bite the bullet. There's nothing else for you to lose. Nodding to myself I shake my arms loose and roll my neck like I'm prepping for a fight. "Alright. You got this, Eren. You can do it. Just go in there, and take back your man."

I stand stock still. "Wait? Take him back?" I furrow my brows and retrace my thoughts. "Is that what's happening? Shit."

I shake my head at myself again and take another moment to psyche myself up before looking up at the big imposing doors in front of me.

I burly old woman is standing a few steps away from me, raising an eyebrow and looking very concerned. "Are you alright there, young man?" She asks.

I give her a sheepish smile. "Yeah, I'm good. I'm gonna go get my man back." I give her the biggest smile I can muster that she quickly returns and I push myself into the building.

I step up to his front door and knock it. Even though I still have a key to get in, I don't think it's appropriate to use it; especially in our current predicament.