~29~ The first lie

The next morning I wake up and reach for Levi only to find the bed empty and cold beside me. I furrow my brows and open my eyes slowly and peer around the room. "Levi?" I call out with a yawn.

I pull the covers back and pad out of the bedroom, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. As soon as the door to the bedroom opens I hear muffled whispers so I walk towards the sound. "Levi?" I call again.

Levi is sitting at the breakfast bar, his back to me and his phone to his ear. When he hears my voice he turns to look at me and his eyes open wide before turning away quickly. "Shit--I gotta go." Levi hangs up the phone and turns back to me, giving me a quick smile.

I quirk an eyebrow at him, unamused. "What was that?" I ask as I cross my arms over my chest.

"What was what?" He asks innocently as he slides out of the stool and wraps his arms around my waist looking up at me.

"That?" I say dumbfounded. "You were on the phone and acted all skittish before hanging up. Who were you talking to?" I try to keep my cool and keep eye contact.

He averts his gaze from mine with a shrug. "No one, I don't know what you're talking about."

"Levi..." I uncross my arms and turn his face by his so he is looking at me again. "Come on."

"Trust me. It was no-one." I can tell he is lying. We may not have known eachother for long, but he won't look me in the eyes.

"Okay. Fine." I just shake my head and push his arms away from me turning around and walking back to the bedroom. I slam the door behind me making sure to make a point. I don't even care if I'm being over the top about the whole situation. He could've just told me in the first place, he didn't have to act dumb and pretend he didn't know what I was talking about.

Wait, did we just have our first argument? Can you even call that an argument?

I walk into the bathroom and rake my hands through my hair that is starting to get long. Its now almost to my shoulders and looking rather rugged. I'm going to have to get this cut soon. I sigh and grab my toothbrush before aggressively brushing my teeth, still reeling from my conversation with Levi.

I continue with my business in the bathroom and get dressed into my usual black skinny jeans and a casual white tee. I run my hand through my hair again, and because it's still wet, as I'm pushing it back it stays in that position with a few stray hairs flying forward at the front.

I sigh to myself again and enter the living area to find Levi standing behind the stove cooking some eggs. Silently I take a seat at the breakfast bar and casually scroll through my phone.

Without a word Levi slides a plate in front of me, I raise my eyes slowly to meet his and when I look at his sheepish face a smile creeps onto his and I have to turn away so he doesn't see a smile slowly taking over mine.

"Hey." Levi places a warm hand on my cheek and turns my face to look at him. "I'm sorry...But I promise you, it was nothing."

I purse my lips, avert my gaze and nod. He softly sighs before placing a soft kiss on the side of my head and sitting opposite me. "Thanks for food, Levi." I mumble as I pick up my fork.

"Anytime, babe." I feel my cheeks flush again as this is the second time he has called me by a pet name and I smile to myself before looking up at him. He catches my gaze and returns my smile. "What?" He asks.

"Babe?" I ask and he just shrugs his shoulders in response and continues to his food. "Okay... Babe." I return and feel a blush creeping up my neck again.

He catches my eyes again and smirks. "I don't mind it." He says softly and shrugs.

Once we finish up our breakfast, Levi stands and takes our plates to the sink to wash up. I follow him and place my hands on his waist before resting my head atop his shoulder. "I'm sorry for overreacting."

He turns his head slightly so he can look at me. "It's okay." He turns the tap on and rinses the plates. "I think I'd have done the same. I can be quite possessive too, y'know?"

"Possessive?" I ask lifting my head from his shoulder and scoff.

"Mhmm." He laughs softly. "Hey, I like it when you're like that. It shows you care."

I roll my eyes at his remark and kiss his neck softly. Levi lets out a small gasp at the touch, his focus on doing the dishes falters slightly before starting again.

To test, I kiss his neck again, slower this time letting my lips linger and he falters once more. I smirk to myself knowing how easy it is to get him flustered so continue to leave soft kisses up his neck and across his shoulder. All while Levi slowly let's the dishes drop and leans his head to the side closing his eyes, one of his arms comes up to snake around my neck. He groans softly before spinning around and capturing my lips with his own, pulling me down to deepen our kiss.

My fingers dig into his waist and I bite his lip softly earning a moan from Levi as he quickly kisses me again, sliding his tongue across my lips and asking for entrance. Without a second thought I oblige and we continue to kiss, our tongues gliding against eachother.

Levi gently pushes me away from the counter not breaking our kiss and I walk backwards until my legs hit the love seat and fall down. Levi quickly straddles me, continuing to kiss me. My hand cups his face while the other holds his waist and pulls him closer to me.

Suddenly a funny thought comes to me and I laugh softly between kisses. Levi just furrows his brow at me breaking our kiss then attacks my neck, biting it. "What?" He growls at me.

"Sorry, I just never took you for a bottom Levi." I laugh softly.

"Excuse me?" He says straightening up.

"I just always pictured you as the top." I shrug and laugh before trying to pull his lips back down to mine.

"What?" He says with a slight scowl, refusing to kiss me.

I roll my eyes. "You're straddling me, Levi." I gesture to our laps.

He furrows his brow again and looks down to our laps. "I--wh--no." He shakes his head. "That does not mean I'm the bottom."

"Okay, sorry! I just thought--"

"Well don't, you are most definitely the bottom." As he says this he stands up and pushes me down onto my back before positioning himself between my legs. "See?"

I laugh and just nod my head in reply before pulling his face down towards mine and capturing his lips with my own. "I'll be whatever you want me to be Levi..." I purr into his ear before taking his ear lobe between my teeth.

Levi moans out as I pull his lower half flush against my own and we grind eachother but before we can go any further the door knocks.

"Really?" Levi swears under his breath and rest his head on my shoulder. "Every time." He mutters then lifts his head back up again. "Who is it?" He practically shouts and a have to stifle a giggle.

"It's Erwin... And Connie. You guys ready?"

"Fuck." Levi groans and slides off of me.

"What is it?" I ask softly.

"We have a meeting to go to." He sighs and holds his hand out to help me up. "Alright, we'll meet you in the foyer." He calls out.

"Alright!" The voice responds.

"Did you forget?" I ask with a laugh.

"Yes. You distracted me." He says as he grabs his things. "You ready?"

"Uh---yeah, sure." I reply as I pick up my phone and wallet. "Let's go."

*A/N - Hey everyone, so I'm pretty devastated but I broke my phone. Updates may be a bit slower as I'm having I use my old phone and this screen is tiny in comparison to what I'm used to. Luckily I had made this chapter beforehand so I can get it out for you all. I'll try my best to keep going,but I can't make any promises with this thing lmao.

As always, keep commenting, voting, adding to your lists and following. I love you All!❤*