~37~

I solemnly walk back to my room with a goal. I am going to confront Levi and make him tell me the truth. No more lies. I nod to myself as I approach the door, I release a breath I didn't realise I was holding and search for the key card in my pockets.

"Shit." I groan. I left it with my phone, for fucks sake. I shake my head to myself and sigh again before resigning to knocking the door for Levi to answer.

Almost immediately after I knock the door opens to a breathless and disheveled Levi. I blink twice at him and look away. "Eren..." He breaths in relief. "You're back."

"I left my phone and my key card." I say biting the inside of my cheek, without emotion. "Can I come in?"

"Wh--? Yes, of course. It's your room too." He says as he steps aside for me to enter, running a hand through his hair and closing the door behind me.

"Is she here?" I ask walking to pick up my phone and key card.

"No, I told her to leave as soon as you left." He shakes his head.

"Eren, I--" "Levi, I--" We say simultaneously.

He looks at me and gives me a  sheepish smile before gesturing to me with his hand. "You first."

He stands there fidgeting with his fingers and tapping his foot. He is chewing on his lip as he waits (im)patiently for me to speak. I've never seen him look so flustered and lost. I close my eyes and sigh. "You lied to me." I open my eyes back up to look at him.

He instantly stands up straight and stops fidgeting. "No, Eren, it's not what it seems--"

"You have a sister, Levi. You may not have specifically said 'I'm an only child' but you did fail to mention you even had a sister." I say slightly agitated.

"She's not who you think she is. Shes--" He stops and averts his gaze.

"Then who is she? Is she your sister or not?" I say raising my voice and arms at him.

"No! She's not my sister!" He exclaims and closes his eyes as he lets out a sigh.

"What?" I ask blinking at him, confused.

"She's--" he groans and runs his hands through his hair again.

"Levi, just spit it out. Who is she?" I step closer to him, holding my fists by my side. "Is she a lover, you were hoping to see again this week?"

He looks at me sadness mixed with anger in his eyes. "Do you really think that of me?"

"I don't know what to think, Levi." I say sadly.

"Eren--" he says stepping closer to me an arm outstretched to reach for me.

I step back and shake my head at him, my voice getting louder. "Who. Is. She." I throw my hands up in the air and shake my head at the lack of reply before turning back to him. "Is she an ex or what, Levi? Just tell me."

He slams his mouth closed and grinds his teeth together, turning away from me with a scowl.

"Well? Spit it out!" My voice has now gotten so loud I can feel my throat getting sore.

He turns back to me and runs his tongue along his teeth before shaking his head. "She was my--" he sighs again. "She's my uncle's ex wife." I look at him confused.

"Then why did she say she was your sister?" I furrow my brow completely confused and not believing a word he says.

"Because that's what we used to tell people, to excuse our closeness." He breathes.