~7~ The Contract

"Jaeger, Springer with me. Let's talk contracts." Levi says.

"Wait, seriously, I got in?" I ask in complete bewilderment.

"Yes, seriously. Now get dressed and meet me in my office. Hanji will show you the way." He says with a bored expression before leaving the room.

"Damn." I say with a smile and look to Connie.

He returns my smile and cheers. "We got in!" He runs up to me and lifts me off my feet bringing me in for a bear hug.

"Can't--breath--" I gasp out and he lets me go with a pat on the back. "I can't believe it. We actually did it. We've got a job!" I laugh.

"Hell yeah, we have!" Connie gives me a high five and then walks back to his clothes. "Well, as soon as we sign those contracts. Hurry up, I'm not waiting for you!" He calls behind him.

~~~~~Time skip to Levi's Office~~~~~

"Right, I want to go over your contracts seperately as you'll both be doing different things. Once you're finished, you're free to leave. It'll take about 30 minutes each. Springer, you're up first." He says and enters his office.

"I'll catch you later, Eren, yeah?" He says, I give him a nod and he follows Levi.

I sit outside his office, mindlessly scrolling through social media when finally Connie comes back out of Levi's office, with a smile on his face. Levi pats him on the back and extends his hand and Connie takes it. "Can't wait to start working with you, sir." He says before turning to me and giving me a thumbs up and leaving.

"Jaeger, you ready?" Levi asks.

I jump up and out of my seat, "Yes, sir." and follow Levi into his office.

"Take a seat." He gestures to the one in front of his desk and takes his own chair, folding his hands on the desk. "Alright, from the pictures that were taken today, myself and Erwin have decided you'd be best fit for campaign modeling, with the occasional other shoot thrown in. Is that okay with you?" He asks. I raise my eyebrows and just nod in reply. "Okay, well here's the contract, take your time to read through it and then feel free to ask me any questions when you're done."

"Is that it?" I ask, furrowing my brows. "I thought it'd take much longer... Connie was in here for quite a while?"

"Oh, no, that's not all. We have things to discuss after the contract is signed but initially, yes, this is it." He says with a dry laugh.

"Right, okay. Best start reading then."

I start to read the contract and I can literally feel Levi's eyes on me the entire time. After trying to read the same page about five times, I can't hold back my words. "Would you quit staring at me, please?" I say not looking up and try to read the page again. I can't help the vehemence in my voice.

"Why? Am I disturbing you?" He asks, mockingly.

"Yes, you are actually. I'm trying to concentrate." I look up at him and notice he's now leaning back in his chair, an amused look on his face. "Is there somewhere else I could go to read this or something?"

He groans. "Oh alright, I'll look away... You're just very..." He starts, and then pouts as if he's thinking what to say.

"Very what?" I ask, getting annoyed.

"Very... Intriguing." He holds his tongue against his top teeth sighing and shaking his head.

"Okaaaay..." I say looking away, I'm getting slightly flustered now and shuffle in my seat and try to continue reading.

"Did you know I worked here?" He asks me suddenly.

"What?" I ask before looking up at him again. "No--I--We just applied to some random jobs. I honestly had no idea you worked here! I swear, I didn't have a clue." I hold my hands up.

He sighs softly and nods his head, looking away. I bite my lip and look down to the contract again. This is seriously not going in.... I can't think straight.

"Look, Lev--I mean--sir. Can we just start again?" I ask. "This whole thing is just so awkward, if you're gonna be my boss...I don't want to think about... Well everything!"

"Why would this be awkward? What things?" He leans forward. "Who says I want to forget about you?"

"Wha--? Uh..." I clear my throat and take a deep breath. "Look, unless you're actually flirting with me or whatever, then this needs to stop."

"What? I'm not doing anything." He says innocently and sits back in his seat again.

"This! This whole thing, the teasing, the flirting. All of it." I say incredulously.

"Alright. If that's what you want. I'll stop." He says and stands up from his desk and walking towards the window. He places his hands in his trouser pockets, making his jacket fly out at the sides a bit.

"Thank you...I think." I say the last bit softly. It is, isn't it? But I can't tear my eyes away from him. His lean body just standing there... Eren... Stop it. I chide myself.

We continue like this for the next 15 minutes or so, in silence and me trying to read the contract and every now and again I find my eyes drawn back to him.

"Are you finished yet?" He sighs, still standing before the window.

"Yes." I hadn't, I'd barely gotten half way through it. "I've just finished signing it. Is there anything else we need to do?" I ask him.

"Well, I was going to go through your photos with you, but we seem to have run out of time. I have another meeting soon." He says looking at his watch.

"Oh, okay." I reply, standing up. "Shall I leave?"

He turns to me slowly then looks me up and down. "If you wish." Then turns away.

If I wish? What? "Uh, okay. I'll see you, Monday then?" I ask sheepishly.

He grunts in reply and I leave the room but not before I hear him say "Looking forward to it."

Levi's POV

Shit this Brat is killing me.

He has no idea what he's doing to me.

I bite my lip hard until I can feel the taste of copper on my tongue. I sit back down in my desk placing my head in my hands, running my fingers through my hair.

Eren, you will be mine, whether you want me or not. I take my hands from my head and slam my fists down on the table.

Eren POV

I hear a loud bang from Levi's office behind me and jump slightly. Should I go check on him? No, I can't do that. I shake my head to myself and head out of the building.