~3~ We Meet Again

It had been a week since applying for those new jobs and I was awaiting the replies. Connie and I had been meeting up every other day to discuss new strategies on getting a job as well as talking interview prep etc.

We were currently sat in the same coffee shop we had been to every time we had met recently and by now the barista's knew our orders and just brought them directly to us. "Con, you reckon one of these jobs is actually gonna come through?" I ask timidly.

"Eren, we've applied for countless jobs, there is no doubt in my mind one of them will come through for atleast one of us." he says shaking his head then taking a sip of his coffee. I nod my head in reply and take a drink of my own.

The door to the coffee shop jingles, signifying someone else had walked in. The cold air from outside wafts in on us, sending a shiver down my spine and causing me to pull the sleeves of my hoody down. Neither of us look up to see who's walked in as everyone we know is either out of the country or busy at work.

"Hey Levi! Long time no see, the usual?" The bubbly Barista asks.

"Hey, Petra. Yep, to go this time, though." A man drawls. I know that voice... Why do i know that voice? My mind is telling me to not look up, why does it matter? But I can't stop myself, I'm too curious. When I lift my eyes I find him leaning against the counter on one of his elbows, idly scrolling through his phone.

There he is. That's the guy. Before I can take my eyes off him, he lifts his own and catches my stare. His eyes furrow slightly, and then it's like a realisation hits him and he remembers. He gives me a small, sly smirk and lifts off of the counter, sliding his phone into his pocket before sauntering over to my table.

I can't seem to take my eyes off him as he comes closer and he takes a seat in the one next to me. "Hey, Kid. Eren isn't it?" I'm completely dumbfounded and I can't seem to get my mouth to work. Say something!

I open and close my mouth repeatedly, small noises escaping my throat but I just can't find the words to speak. He raises his eyebrows at me and then Connie comes to my rescue. Oh you beautiful soul, you. "Hey, aren't you the guy Eren threw coffee all over and at the diner last week? Didn't he ruin your shirt too?" I take it back, screw you Connie.

"Actually, yes, I am. Just thought I'd take my chances again and hope he doesn't spill another over me." He replies with a quirk of his lips.

"Ha! Yeah, he can be such a clutz. I'm Connie by the way." He says as he holds his hand up. How is he so confident? How is he not fumbling for words? Oh yeah, thats because he is completely straight and clearly isn't drooling over this Godly man in front of us.

"Levi, nice to meet you." He says before taking his hand and shaking it.

"Levi! Your coffee is ready!" The barista calls.

"Well, that's me. Catch you again some time, boys." He says before getting up and grabbing his coffee, as he passes us to leave he says "Maybe you'll actually talk to me next time, huh?" and then he's gone.

"Eren, what the fuck was that?" Connie asks curiously.

I clear my throat. "What was what?"

"That! You literally just stared at him and didn't say a word." He looks at me, then a small smile creeps up his face and he sits back in his chair. "Ahhhh! I see how it is. You like him, huh?"

"What?! Pfft, no! I barely know the guy." I scoff and avert my eyes to my coffee.

"Whatever you say, Eren. Just remember, I know when you're lying!" He says tapping the table.

My phone begins ringing in my pocket and I let out a sigh of relief hoping it will get me out of this awkward conversation. "Hello?" I answer.

"Hello, Is this Eren Jaeger?" A perky female voice replies.

"It is. May I ask who's calling?"

"Hi, my name is Hanji and I work for Finest talent modeling agency and photography studio. This is in regards to your application and we'd like to offer you an interview."

My eyes open wide and a smile spreads across my face. "Oh that'd be great, yes! I'd love to attend."

"Fabulous, can you make it for Friday at 11am? It will be a group interview and you will do a basic shoot with a few poses so we can see your potential."

I gulp. "Yes, I can do that. Thank you so much for this opportunity."

"You're very welcome, sir. I'll put you in the diary now. See you on Friday, Bye!"

"Alright, thanks again! Bye!" I'm so giddy I'm shaking.

"Well are you gonna share?" Connie asks with a laugh.

"Oh shit, yeah. I got an interview! For that modeling company!" I reply.

"Dayuuum, well done, man. I hope you get it!" He says with a smile and then his phone starts ringing too. "Dude, what are the chances...?" He looks up at me and answers.

I smile at him the entire call as I can see how enthusiastic he is. He nods at me and gives me a thumbs up when she asks him to attend the interview too. "Yes, that'd be amazing...yeah, thank you so much!... Okay, looking forward to it. See you on Friday."

"I'm guessing you got it too?" I ask excitedly.

"Hell yeah, I did!" He says before giving me a high five. "This calls for a celebration. We're going out tonight!" He says with a smirk then he turns his eyes back to mine. "Just know this doesn't get you out of that conversation. We're still gonna talk about him!" I just laugh nervously in reply, look away and shake my head.