Part 27 "The Ritual"

Valkenheim, Night

Sigrid: *Huff* *huff* " i was too late..... I couldn't save your son....
I have failed you... Once more"
Whispered the viking as she kneeled on the snow in despair.

The blizzard kept raging on causing the viking to give up on continuing her way. She didn't even know where she should go.

*Caw* *Caw* *caw*

Suddenly she could hear the sound of a Raven. Out of the corner of her eyes, there he was. An elderly figure wearing a sleek black cloak, a wide brimmed hat and a spear in his hand. A pair of ravens were perching on his shoulders and a pair of wolves were also accompanying him.

Sigrid: "Odin......"

The mysterious figure didn't say anything except lifting his his hand and pointed at a direction.

At that moment, the blizzard suddenly died down, opening a path for Sigrid.

Odin: " Go "
Said the one eyed man, as one of his raven flapped it's wings and flew to the direction, he was pointing.

Seeing this Sigrid gave a grateful nod for the help that was given to her. She stood up and ran, following the Raven.

The Raven led Sigrid into a deep lush forest. Running through the forest, she kept her eyes on the Raven, afraid to loose the bird. After a short moment, she could see they almost reached the end of the forest.

Exiting the forest, she was greeted by the sight of the icy remains a once frozen white lake. There was a faint red colour on the fragments of ice  signifying that there had been a battle that had taken place on the Lake.

The Raven was no where to be seen, as it had fulfilled it's task on leading Sigrid onto the right path.

Walking down to the Lakeside, Sigrid could see a group of hooded figures. Noticing her, one of the hooded people greeted her.

???: "Sister Sigrid have you also received the call?"

Sigrid: "Odin guided me here"

???: "So it would seem. The Allfather wants us to recover something from this lake"

Sigrid: "Not something. It's  Someone."

???: ".....A person.... Just like in the prophecies...... "

Sigrid: "I need three capable people to help me."

???: "Three? That much for one person?"

Sigrid: " Believe me, even the strongest of us won't be able to lift him"

______________________________________________________________________________

The vikings dived into Lake, with Sigrid leading them.

They were met with the sight of dead knights who had sunk and now resting at the bottom of the lake.

It wasn't easy for them to find the man who they're looking for, because of the dark night and freezing water that clouded their vision.

After a long moment of searching, Sigrid Gestured to the group to resurface.

Sigrid: *Inhales* *Huff* *huff*

"Still no luck in finding them" Said one of Sigrid companion.

Sigrid: "Keep searching....."
Said the Viking as she dived again.

The group kept searching, yet there was still no progress. The situation they were in was making them desperate.

The cold waters started to prick their skin and to make matters worse, they were getting close to the state of Blacking out.