Part 1 "On the Job"

Left and right i see corpses piled up like a mountain of dog shit. The whole situation can be only described as madness. People die they all do but what I'm doing here....is just speeding up the process.

5 hours earlier

"Hey, Vorgen! Wake up!"

Vorgen: "Huh?"
I looked up and see that it was my bestfriend, Lorderius.

Lorderius: "We're nearing the Vikings fort. Be ready, brother. These savages won't go down without a fight."

That day, we the blackpriors were on a mission to liberate the defenses on one of the fort in valkenheim, holding a crucial point in their defenses.

Vortiger: "All right men! This is it! Wreak havoc and teach them true DAAHKNESSS!"

Vorgen: "pfffftt"(whisper) "why is he saying it like that? Daahkness...that's just funny."

Lorderius: (whisper)"i know, you don't have to point it out if you still want to keep your tongue attached. That's just how our leader is."

Vorgen: (whisper) "yeah but the guy really need to stop cuz I always try my best not to laugh everytime he said that."

Lorderius: "Shush now! Let's just be quiet, you don't want him to catch us again do ya?."

CRACK!! "RAAAAGGGHH!"
The ship had finally landed and the Blackpriors are hungry...hungry for blood.

Lorderius:"About time!
Come on, Vorgen. Let's go kill some vikings!"

I grab his hand before he went off

Vorgen:"........stay safe brother. I have a bad feeling about this."

Lorderius: "I will, don't worry about me."

And then he ran off with
the 1st division. Leaving me alone with myself. Well i always like doing things solo. I then ran straight to the battlefield full of viking hordes.

5 hours later

"Aagggrrhhh" The sound of a viking when i slit his throat is totally making me uncomfortable. He lied down trying to stop the bleeding on his neck by helplessly grabbing it until he totally stopped moving.

Vorgen: "Rest in peace, warrior "

I took a moment to see the battlefield around me.
Left and right i saw corpses piled up like a mountain of dog shit. The whole situation could be only described as madness. People die they all do but what I'm doing here....is just speeding up the process. Am i doing the right thing?....i don't know.

Lorderius: "Die heathen!!"

I was broken from my thoughts and returned to reality.
I heard a war cry and i saw Lorderius fighting a viking. He was having quite a hard time. Big Muscular body, great dane axe and an armor with little protection. It was a raider. I rushed to my friend's side and ready to stab the viking from behind their back but unfortunately they knew i was coming.

They turned around, dodged, and pummeled me with his axe pommel.
Leaving me stunned and vulnerable.
Using that chance they grabbed and carried me off.

Lorderius: "Vorgen, No!!"

Vorgen: "Aaaaaahhh dammiiiiit!!"

I tried screaming for help to my comrades but No one was able to notice a grown man being carried by a buffguy like a freakin rice bag in the midst of battlefield leaving me helplessly carried off to god knows where!

The Raider then dropped me off roughly on the ground. My sword got thrown off and the raider was about to slam his axe on my face but fortunately i still have my shield.
Instinctively i got up and hit their face with the edge of my shield, stunning them. Using the chance i grabbed their head and bashed their face again with my shield.

After the beatdown i gave them, they fell over and was in a daze. I got on top of them and hit their face over and over and over again.

Vorgen: "Trynna fuck with me?!!"
Slam! Slam! Slam! Slam!
"You picked the wrong guy, Fool!!"

I later on got tired and had enough. I quite pity the victim before me. I could no longer see the form of his face anymore. Killing him now feels like an act of kindness.

Vorgen: "Alright...Naptime kid!"

I held my shield high with both hands and brought down the sharp end of my shield on their throat. Ending them quickly.

Not long after that, Lorderius found his way to me. Looking very tired and worried.

Vorgen: "Goddammit, Lorderius!! What did i tell you?!"

Lorderius: "I actually had that situation under control."

Vorgen: "Oh really?"

Lorderius:"........... Okay maybe i did have quite some difficulty fighting that guy. I'm sorry alright!"

Vorgen: *stares*".........you forgot something?"

Lorderius:" Okay fine!!
Thank You, Vorgen!!"

Vorgen:" There it is~ "

I then pulled out my shield from the corpse and strapped it to my left arm. Seeing my sword on the ground , i made my way to it and picked it up.

Vorgen: "So what now?"

Lorderius: "Vortiger ordered us to go back to the ship after the job is done"

Vorgen: "Let's go help the others then. the faster we finish this the faster we go home."

Lorderius: "Agreed"

Timeskip (lazy i know)

Vorgen: "Haaaaahhhh~"
I sighed and wished i could look at things other than this edgy creature before me.

Vortiger: "Vorgen!!!"

Vorgen: "Yes, sir!!"

Vortiger: "Are you listening to me?!"

Vorgen: "Of course, sir!"

Vortiger: "Then explain to me!
What it is I'm seeing right now!"

He pointed at my leather canteen/ waterskin.
I told people that it was water but in fact it's actually beer. And to my luck, my boss found me half drunk drinking it.

Lorderius: "It's water sir."

Vorgen: "Exactly!!"

Vortiger: "Lorderius!! Did i tell you to speak?!"

Lorderius: "No......"

Vortiger: "I want to hear it straight from this bastard's mouth."

Vorgen: "It's.......water, sir."

Vortiger: "Take off your helmet."

Vorgen: "But, sir."

Vortiger: "Now....."
He said with a menacing deep voice.

I had no choice but to put down my hood and take off my helmet

I had no choice but to put down my hood and take off my helmet. Revealing my quite reddish face.

Vortiger: *Stares* ".............."

Vorgen: *Sweating* "..............hic..."

Vortiger: "Aha!! I knew it!"

Vorgen: "Curses!"

Lorderius: "I told you it was a bad idea!!"

TO BE CONTINUED