Part 39 "Oh Cousin"

Astrid: "Hey, brother"

Vorgen: "Yeah?"

Astrid: "I have to the tell you. That thing you did back there... That was.... Very noble...."

Vorgen: "It just feels wrong to accept their money after what they've gone through"

Astrid: "I'm real proud of you.....you know that?" Said Astrid as he patted her brother's back. In response to this, Vorgen scoffed at what she just said.

Vorgen:"You shouldn't be. Believe me"

The siblings headed their way in the direction to The Galahad Manor.while enjoying the bustling yet warm atmosphere of the city.

Astrid was enjoying the scenery of the city. It felt like a vacation for her.

But While she was happy sightseeing, her incompetent brother was busy muttering to himself.

Vorgen: "Now where did i.... Hmm....was it always this way..... Or was it back there..... " The knight muttered in whispers which eventually reached her sister's ears.

Astrid: "Vorgen" she called to her brother who then turned his head to her.

Vorgen: "Yes, my dear sister? "

Astrid: "You do.....remember the way right?"

Vorgen: "............ " He stared at her sister in silence.

Astrid: "Are we lost?"

Vorgen: "N-nonsense! I remember the exact location of the Manor. We are going the right way. Trust me"

Astrid: "Why is it that whenever you tell me to trust you. I feel like i should do anything but that. "

Vorgen: "You have So little faith.... Damn. Have some goddamn faith in me, Astrid. You lack FAITH!!"

Astrid: "Call Amber"

Vorgen: "What? There's no need to call her"

Astrid: "I. said. call. Amber..... "

Astrid fully know well the reason why Vorgen had a Hawk as his companion. It was to help him with his poor sense of direction.

Vorgen: "You trust a bird more than your own brother....?" He asked, placing his hands on his hips.

Astrid: "Yes, absolutely" She said confidently.

Vorgen: "................."

His eyes widened in shock at what his sister just said to his face.

Astrid: "................ "

Vorgen: "Wow..... Ouch....."
The brother shook his head slowly before closing his eyes and bitting his lower lip in bitterness.

Astrod: "There was this one time when we were kids. You asked me to come with you to a river you found. I was worried that we might get lost on the way there but you confidently said "Don't worry, sister. I know the way. As long as you keep close to me, you won't get lost. Trust me!" But the second after we were about to go home, You said "Uuuh.... I think we are lost. Yeah i messed up". We walked aimlessly for hours. And the stupid part was i let you lead the way. We walked and walked until dusk, fortunately Aunt Sigrid found us and brought us home.

Vorgen: "Oh..... "

Astrid: "And what were waiting for us at home were our pissed off parents. They were so angry we both got scolded real bad. Mother even spanked both our asses that day."

Vorgen: "Hm.... Okay..... "

Astrid: "Do i need to say more?"

Vorgen: ".... That actually happened?"