Part 29 "Back to The Roots"

???: "Come on now....how long do you plan on crying, Vorgen?"

Vorgen: "Guh....." *Sobs* "Shut up...."
Said the Black prior, in a muffled voice.

Sitting on a tree stump under a tree, A woman could be seen comforting a certain man.

The Man was currently burying his face on his mother's lap. He was still hugging her so tightly, afraid that she might Dissapear any moment if he let go.

???: "I'm not going anywhere, Vorgen"

Vorgen: "No..... I don't wanna let go... And that's it......"

The woman sighed from how needy and childish the man was. But it was no surprise to her from seeing this side of him.

He might had become older but in her eyes he was still a young child. Her lovable son and the reminder of her biggest regret, not being there with him as he grew up.

Vorgen: "Mom....."

???: "Yes, Vorgen?"

Vorgen: "Is Astrid here too?"

???: "No... she's still out there. She must be with your aunt"

Vorgen: "Hm.... Okay...."

???: "How's Your father?"

Vorgen: "He's doing fine..... Uncle Marius is looking after him"

???: " I see....that's good..."

Vorgen: "Who did it, mom?"

???: "Did what?"

Vorgen: "The one who attacked us that night"

Ingrid: "............... "

Vorgen: "I'll make them pay....."

???: "No, son..... Don't.... It's not worth it" Said the woman, Patting his head.

Vorgen: "You're right...... You're here with me now.....that's all that matters"

The Black Prior sighed, loosening up from her mothers calming voice and gentle hand.

With his mind being at peace, he could hear faint footsteps that were slowly approaching and stopping before them.

???: "Ingrid. I see that you've found your son" Said the elderly voice with an amused tone.

Looking at the source of the voice, Ingrid smiled at the one eyed god, before turning her gaze to her son again.

Ingrid: "No... He found me"
Chuckled the female viking

Odin: "Look at him. He keeps latching onto you, Hahahaha!"

Vorgen: "Leave us alone....."

Odin: "Don't mind me, little pup. Just enjoy your time with your mother."
Said the elder as he took a seat next to them.

Ingrid: "Why is he here, Odin?"

Odin: "Well this little rascal right her--"

Ingrid: "He died...."

Odin: ".....Yes"

Ingrid: "How Did he die?"

Odin: "He died in battle..."

Ingrid: "He's still young.... He's only in his twenties. I didn't want him to die from a bloody battle. "

Vorgen: "It's All right , mom. I had enough of my life anyway."

Ingrid: "....You have to send him back"

Vorgen: "What?"

Odin: "That's what i was planning to do"