Part 8 "Warlords and Cowards"

I am Apollyon, Warlord of the Blackstone Legion. In that year, i sent one of my commanders, Holden Cross to punish a betrayer. There was a Warden there, in the way. There are many Wardens. This one would prove unique.

______________________________________________________________________________
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Daubeny: "Defend the walls!" (In the distance)

That fort had been controlled by ten warlords in ten years. Daubeny was just the most recent. He joined the Blackstone Legion and then tried to leave us that would not stand unpunished

"Come out!"

Hervis Daubeny. Blackstone, For a single season. And then, he though to turn away from us. That would prove his undoing.

 That would prove his undoing

(Holden Cross)

Holden: "Daubeny! It doesn't have to be like this!"

Bloody coward won't come out of the fortress. The guy is a deserter from the Blackstone legion, trying to keep the fortress to himself and his followers. Think he could get away with it. That's pure offense to the Blackstone.

Is he brave or just plain stupid?

Vorgen: "My lord, He had his chance. Let him taste steel" I said as i pass him his helmet.

Holden cross, my second in command, and my most Stalwart ally. Holden is a practical man, of limited ambition, but of endless talent. We are fortunate to have him.

Holden: *growl* "Break it down."

Well guess there's no choice. Pure force it is. Battering Ram to the Door then.

Vorgen: "As you wish"

Time to do my Job .

"BREAK IT DOWN, BOYS!!!"

I shouted, Ordering the soldiers to push the Battering ram to the fort Door. As they pushed the Ram, i try to observe and find other way to get inside there.

Hmmmm.... The walls pretty high.....
Damn, i don't like high places. Better tell the troops to climb up first and open the gates from the inside if possible.

Yep That's It!!

Vorgen, you fuckin Genius!!

No, That's just common knowledge.

That ain't a plan.

Don't get cocky, kid.

Shut it!!