Part 31 "The Cycle of Violence"

*Warning*
Content might be inappropriate and disturbing to some readers.

In the middle night of the forest of Valkenheim, a small house could be seen. Inside the said house, a family of three was sheltering themselves from the harsh weather outside.

The fireplace was lit, illuminating the room and providing warmth to the family.

A man, a woman and a boy was sitting on a dining table. The man looked frustrated, pinching the bridge of his nose he then asked his wife

???1: "Do we have enough food for this week?" Asked the man to his wife.

???2: "We still have some dried meat and bread..... Enough for three days"
Replied the wife to her husband.

???1: *Sigh* "It Will be really rough year from now on"

???2: "There's nothing we can do except hope for the best."

???1: ".... Me and Gram will go hunting tomorrow morning. Maybe we might be able to catch something."
Said the man as he turn his head to his boy.

The boy nodded in response, agreeing to his father's decision.

???2: "No, Erik! It's too dangerous! How could you go hunting in this kind of situation?! Svengard was invaded by those knights and people started fighting over the food that's left. If that wasn't enough, A killer is on the loose out there, in valkenheim!"

Erik: "Then what do you expect me to do, Alvilda?! I can't feed this family if i stay in the damn house forever!! Do you want us to starve?!"

Alvilda: "No I'm just...."

Erik: "You're worried, Alvilda.... I know..."

The family sat in silence. Until a The screech of a Hawk broke the silence.

*SCREECH*

Alvilda: "You hear that, Erik?"

Erik: "A bird.... A Bird made that sound. So what?"

Alvilda: "I've heard that sound before.... It came from a hawk...."

Erik: "A hawk? We don't have hawks in Valkenheim."

Alvilda: "I saw one flying near the house at noon and it followed me back to the house ...... then it was gone at dusk.... now it's flying right above us.... "

Erik: "......must be one curious bird"

Alvilda: "......Have you locked the door, Erik?"

Erik: "Of course i have"

Alvilda: "Good...."

Replacing the screech of the Hawk,
A long deep howl of a wolf could be heard from outside the house.

*AWOOOOOOOO*

*Growl* *Woof* *Woof*

*AWOOOOOOO*

Howls, growls, snarls of wolves slowly grew near and louder.

Erik: "Wolves? What are they doing around here?"

Alvilda: "What do we do now, Erik?"

Erik: "As long as we're in this house, we're fine. The door's locked either. Nothing to worry about." Said the Husband to his wife, trying to comfort her and his son.

After a moment, The sound of the animals outside were gone. No screech, No howls, no more growls from the wolves. Everything went silent except the crackling of the fireplace and the howls of the wind outside.