Part 55 "A Friendly Face"

After The previous chapter in which our dear hooded masked protagonist committed yet another unnecessary murder, let us focus on what the other characters were doing, especially on Lorderius The Black Prior and His best Friend's sister, Astrid.

In the middle of their date (According to Lorderius) around the city.

Astrid: "This place is really peaceful"
The Female Viking said to Her brother best friend as she looked around, Observing how the citizens looked very content with their lives.

Lorderius Nodded in agreement while handing Her a bread that he bought from a local Bakery.

Lorderius: "Yeah that's because the King is an advocate of peace. He is a wise king, he really cares and loves his people and They love him as much" He said as he took a seat on a bench right next to her.

Astrid: "Just Like Gudmundr"

She said, earning Lorderius's attention as he turned his head towards her.

Lorderius: "The Jarl?"

Astrid: "Yeah.... Our Grandfather."

Lorderius: "He's Your Grandpa?"

Astrid: "There's no resemblance is there?" She chuckled.

Lorderius: " I think... There might be some"

Astrid: "Of course there isn't. We are not related by blood. My mother was adopted."

Lorderius knew that they were about to talk about some touchy family subjects, and so he decided to just shut his mouth and Listened.

Astrid: "Gudmundr found my Mother when she was little girl... Her village was pillaged and burned to the ground... Just Like what had happened in Svengard"

Lorderius: ".............. " The man Stayed quiet, Knowing the fact that he once had participated in the Attack of Svengard.

Astrid looked from the corner of her eyes and noticed how quiet the man beside her had become.

Astrid: "It wasn't the knights, Lorderius" She gave him a pat in the back, causing him to straighten up in surprise.

Astrid: "It was done by my own people..... A rival Clan. That's why there's no need for you to look all quiet, you didn't do anything wrong. I don't hold any resentment towards Your people nor you. "

Lorderius slowly nodded in response, while chewing on his bread.

They sat in silence for a while, before Astrid Broke the silence between them.

Astrid: "I made thing awkward huh?"

Lorderius: "Nope that was me. That was my fault. I was too nosey"

Astrid: "By the way..... All that Talk make me thirsty, Did you bring any water with you?"

She said as an effort to change the topic. Lorderius then saw it as a chance to turn the mood for the better

Lorderius: "Unfortunately no..... But I got Milk!" He said in a cheerful tone as he brought out two bottles of milk for her to see.

Astrid: "Milk?"

Lorderius: "Yeah i bought some from a store They're the Last ones in stock. I was thinking of bringing them home For Vorgen but i guess we need it more than him at the moment. Would you like some? It goes well with bread."

Astrid Was A bit skeptical at first, she had grown bored by the taste because of her Brother who had shared a lot of his milk collection back In Valkenheim.