Part 52 "Wounds of The Past"

Reegan: "He's having a fever now?"
Asked The father, sitting on a chair next to his son who was lying ill on the bed.

Vorgen had been moved to his room and given treatment. His left eye was covered in bandage and his body was also wrapped tightly with bandage after the wounds had been cleaned and disinfected.

The whole family was in his room, watching him with worried looks on their faces.

Marius: "The fever he's having is nothing unnatural. His wounds are deep not to mention he was caught in the rain."

Astrid: "Did someone attack him?"

Lorderius: "That's the first thing I'm going to ask him when he wakes up. I'll have the damn bastard who did this, dragged here and gouge out their--"

Astrid: "Lorderius...... "She stopped him from finishing that sentence.

Lorderius: "Vorgen would've wanted that"

Astrid: "That's true..... But Let's hear his story first. We don't know what exactly happened here"

Kyle: "He'll be fine, Uncle. He had gone through worse" he tried to comfort Reegan, placing his hand on his uncle's shoulder.

Reegan could only sigh, scratching the back of his head in frustration.

Reegan: "I know.... Yet it always breaks my heart whenever i see him like this.

Reegan: "The last time i saw him like this was when we arrived at Ashfeld....after that night in Valkenheim....."

Astrid's eyes widened, she knew what her father was referring to. The night that they could never forget.

Flashback

Vorgen: "Father, We have to go back! We can't just leave mom there!!! "

Reegan: ".............. " The father remained silent, ignoring the Cries and pleas of his son.

Vorgen: "We can't just leave mother!!! They'll kill her!!" He tried to pry off Reegan's hand on his wrists.

The boy kept calling for his mother, The wife that Reegan was forced to leave. However Reegan had to steel his heart for Her last wish was to keep the children safe.

Vorgen: "Grrrhhh....LET GO!!" The boy growled in anger, frantically trying to escape his father's grip.

Seeing that his father wouldn't let him go any sooner, Vorgen decided to bite his father's hand, causing Reegan to loosen his grip.

Reegan: "AGH!! Damn it, boy!!"

Vorgen managed to break free and ran back to the direction of his home, leaving his father who was gripping his bleeding hand.

Reegan: "Vorgen, get back here this instant!! BOY!!!" He shouted, yet it fell on deaf ears. Vorgen would never leave his mother behind no matter the reason.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Aunt Sigrid, why aren't you saying anything?!" A Girl shouted in protest at the hooded figure who forced her to come with her.

Sigrid: "................ "

Astrid: "Where are you taking me?! I want to go home!!!"

Sigrid: "I'm taking you to your father and brother... They will be waiting at the border......."