crush

"How is he so gorgeous?" I swooned over him as I watched him talk to his friends down the hall. His smile shined with the light and his hands smoothly moved as he spoke. Mila stood next to me as we stared at him. I was obviously talking about my crush, I've liked him for about 4 years and it's only gotten worse over every year, there's no way in hell I had a chance with him and i don't think i'll ever come to terms with it.

"I honestly don't understand what you see in him," Mila spoke as her face had a clear look of confusion and disgust.

I scoffed at her reaction to the beauty in front on us as I continued my creepy staring.

"He also just broke up with... Amelia so I don't know how this would play out." She stated and she was right, he was too good to be true and he was heartbroken. I mean I had this little feeling in my heart he somehow liked me back but I never acted on it, in fear of being rejected. He is the hottest guy after all. I barely knew him too, I've only ever seen him in the hallways and my casual stalking of his social media. Other than that, I knew nothing about this gorgeous man.

I heard the sound of the final bell ring though my ears and I sighed knowing I had to enter the hell hole of class. The only thing that made this class better was the fact that he was in the class.

"Ok I gotta go now, you have English now right... with Ace," Mila smirked shaking her eyebrows and I laugh as she walks away to her Math class.

Today is the day I talk to him. I decide walking to English, I knew it wasn't true.

ACE PoV
"Hey you got English now right," Dante asked me as we walked to our lockers and I started collecting my shit.

"Yeah I do," I give him a short answer as I start thinking about someone certain. 'with Aria'. I try to hide it but I love English for the sole purpose of having Aria be in my class. I love how flustered she gets when I walk into class and sit next to her. If only she knew what it did to me too. I tried my best to always sit next to her or behind her so I could either watch her all class or I could manage the courage to talk to her. I tried to act confident and talk to her causally as if it didn't affect me but little did she know it affected me more than she could ever know.

She's so fucking beautiful, I could stare at her all day if I could. I always try and sneak a peek at her but it's awkward when she's already looking st me. I've liked her for 5 years... 5 whole years. I'm insane.

I walk to class with a little smile on my face as I think about sitting next to her and seeing her awkward shifts when I walk in. I walk into class and my eyes fall on her, sitting next to Aurelia, talking to her, the seat on the other side of her being empty and waiting for my ass to sit on. It was the chair connected to her desk which made it 10x better. We had those really long lab tables in this class meaning I got to share my desk with Aria.

I sit down and she peeks at me through her peripheral and I smile at her wanting to see her whole face. I almost said something but decided against it. I don't want to scare her.

ARIA PoV
When Ace sat next to me, I almost stopped breathing but I tried to contain myself. As I looked at him through my peripheral, I could see him looking at me with a smirk. Throughout class, I could feel his side eye on my face.

Shit is there some chocolate on my face. Or spinach in my teeth, damn I should've known not to eat that salad and that damned chocolate cake.

it was damn good though.

•••
We still sit in class, halfway through and my eyes were shutting as the teacher ranted Shakespeare stuff. I look over at Ace and see him writing something, folding it and then sliding it across the desk near my resting hand. I thought he was taking notes.

Focus... he just gave you a fucking note. Are we in middle school? I pick up the little note and look at him, his face blank and looking up at the board where the teacher continues to talk about Shakespeare. I slowly unwrap the note, once I get it open, I see his neat writing in the little piece of paper making my heart flutter.

Meet me on the third floor closet at lunch:)
... not a joke I promise.

This has to some kind of sick joke. He's gonna lure me in and then trap me to make fun of me. i've watched enough movies. I looked up at him and he slightly nods as if asking if I agree. I see the desperation in his eyes and know he's not lying... i hope.

••••

Lunch rolled around faster than I thought and Mila was quick to grab me since it was her favourite lunch day. So now, I sat at some random table, Mila in line as all I could think about was how I would convince Mila I had to leave. the damn note.

Mila sat down with her lunch and she was quick to dig in. When she calmed down a bit, I started my excuse to leave.

"Hey, I have some huge test after lunch and I need to study some more," I say and she looks at me nodding slightly.

"Are you sure, i can come with" she said and I shake my head a little too fast, making her face scrunch in confusion.

" no no stay here enjoy your lunch i wanna be alone " i answered back a bit too fast

"No no, I wouldn't want to ruin your fav lunch, you stay here or whatever and enjoy you're lunch, Id slow down if I had distractions" I say pretty convincingly and she nods in understanding.

"Of course, bye babe," she smirks, hugging me slightly. "Bye," I mumble against her shoulder, pulling away and walking away. Smooth.

As I walk towards the stairs all I can think is about how I had just lied to my best friend. We promised no secrets and now Im doing this, leaving her alone at lunch.

When I make it to the end of the huge stairs case, I look up and see Ace halfway up the stairs looking down at me and smirking before continuing walking up the stairs.

What's the worst that can happen right?

Not much of a storyline change, just better writing and more detail which I hope you appreciate and like!!

word count: 1191