mini series- reverse comfort 3

I moved onto the pull out couch, Ace though stay in his chair, his head rested on the edge of the bed as he leans forward. Kai lays in his bed, his head facing toward me. They continue holding hands until I wake up the next morning.

I wake up around 8:30, I look around a few ladies around Kais bed as they do god knows what.

One lady is setting up a tray of food, another lady is putting a bag of liquid on the pole attached to his arm and another arm is moving around the tube in his mouth. It appears that they're removing it.

I walk closer to the bed after going to the bathroom and getting a bit ready, Ace and Kai's hands still linked. I can see Kai's hand twitching and squeezing Aces harder as the tube gets pulled from his throat. I softly remove his hand from Aces and hold it so Kai could have conscious comfort as Ace was still fast asleep.

When the tube is removed from his throat, he clears it repeatedly and looks over at me. He smiles softly as his eyes open and close slowly.

I sit on the edge of the bed, away from Aces head, I let him sleep as long as he needed.

"How are you doing," I ask and he shrugs. "Never fucking better," he smirks licking his lips. Just before the nurse leaves I ask her if Kai could eat something to which she nods and points to the food she left near his bed. I thank her and she leaves.

I hand him a glass of water, he gratefully drinks the whole thing, I give him another glass and he slowly sips it. "Damn my throat is burning," he says drinking more water.

"I bet it is," I sigh. I feel some movement behind me and I look back to see Ace is squeezing his hand as if looking for Kai's hand. When he doesn't feel anything, his head shoots up and he squints his eyes, trying not to adjust to the harsh lighting.

"Hey no more tubes," he smiles resting his hand on my lower back and the other on my lap as he lays his head against my arm.

"Why are you guys here," Kai rasps, drinking more water. "Why wouldn't we be, you need some help," I say getting off the bed and bringing the tray of food closer to him. There's no way he isn't starving.

He thanks me and starts unwrapping the food looking at what he was given.

"So Ace did you cry," Kai says shoving a piece of bread in his mouth. I see Aces face drop as he hears Kai's question. I try not to laugh as I look at his blushed face as he doesn't know what to say.

"No..." Ace answers unsure. "Aria?" Kai asks me as if knowing he was lying. "Yeah he did," I laugh running my fingers through Aces hair. "How much," Kai asks narrowing his eyes.

"Should I tell him?" I ask Ace and he rolls his eyes. "Fine," he sighs. "He sobbed, I came home and he was already crying, he sat in a freezing cold shower at 4am and he kept crying saying his baby brother was hurt and gonna die, said it should've been him instead of you," I explain.

I feel Ace tense beside me as he groans hiding his face behind my back. "Making me sound like a fucking baby," Ace groans. "Aww grandpa Ace was worried about his baby brother," Kai coos pouting his lips.

"Fuck off, I'll shove those tubes right back down that throat of yours, plus you're the one who begged me to hold your hand," Ace teases sticking out his tongue.

Kai does the same, putting up his middle finger too. Ace does it back and they continue that for a few minutes.

"Alright alright stop, I can safely say you were both scared and both were more sweet then usual which is good," I say pushing both their hands down.

"Yeah whatever," they both say. "How much longer do you have to stay in here," Ace asks when everything calms down.

"I have no idea, probably until I can walk again," he shrugs. My mouth drops open as I hear what just came out of his mouth. "Again?" I ask panicking.