mini series- kidnapping 4

ACES POV
Shortly after leaving from the public hospital, Aria had fallen asleep. I was happy she fell asleep since I knew she was in a lot of pain but didn't want to tell me, the ride also followed with a lot of moving and yelling so it was better she was unconscious.

I held her hand and stayed near her the entire time. As she slept I just watched her face. I quite literally stared at her face like a pervert as she peacefully slept. I don't know when the last time she properly slept was so I let her sleep for as long as possible. Since Dante went to the public hospital we had drive around 45 minutes, his dumbass went to a public hospital across town, but it allowed her sleep for longer so I wasn't mad.

When I look over her body, I notice a dark red circle spreadin across her blanket towards her calf. I lightly lift the blanket and see her calf heavily bleeding. I curse as I realize I had forgotten about mending her injuries.

I grab the supplies I needed and first dabbed the excess blood. After lots and lots of soiled gauze, I can clearly see the wound. Blood still came out but it still clearer then earlier. It would need stitches but I couldn't do them on this bumpy van so I tightly wrap it hoping it wouldn't split.

I move to her smaller wounds slowly and softly dabbing the antibacterial over them, hoping she doesn't awake from the sting, I hold my head close to her face hoping she'd know I was here.

Occasionally moving my hands so I could put on bandaids and get more gauze. I wasn't going to let some nasty doctors touch my baby after everything. I could clean everything up, I leave the big things for them cause I still want her to heal well. They were specially hired doctors for our use but I didn't care.

When I make it to her face wounds, she starts stirring around so I back off a little hoping she would go back to sleep but she wakes up and I curse knowing this one would hurt the most. I should've started up here.

"No," she yells trying to back away from me. Her eyes were slightly swollen shut from her black eye and she clearly looked out of it, possibly half asleep.

"Hey, it's me," I say trying to touch her softly so she would feel me. She pulls her hand away towards her and I frown. "Lay down baby," I whisper pulling her arm down. She lays down before looking around and narrowing her eyes on me.

"Ace?" she asks and I nod. "I'm right here my darling," I whisper. My breath wavers as I wonder how much she had to go through if she was scared when she got up. "I'm sorry," she whispers fidgeting with her blanket. "Don't you dare apologize," I say sternly. "It's not your fault, if anything it's mine," I say sadly thinking about how much fun I was having while they were getting... beaten. I internally cringe as I think about it.

"It's not your fault," she says grabbing my hand. I look at her and can't help but smile. "If I had just answered my phone or gotten home early, if I hadn't left, if i could've-" I start rambling before she hits my face. I open my mouth wide as I stare at her. Did she just slap me?

"There's no what if, it happened but I'm here now. Our butterfly is ok and I'm ok too, that's all that matters," she says and I nod. "Avi is the sweetest little girl," I say laying my head next to hers so we were face to face.

"She gets it from you," she smiles lightly flicking her finger over my nose. "Impossible. When I was taking care of her, I just kept seeing you in her. Everything she does, everything she says and how she acts, it's all you," I say pecking her nose. "She gets that from you," she laughs referring to my nose kisses.

"That might be true, she's always grabbing my nose," I laugh and she laughs too. "She does that cause she either wants to kiss your nose or she wants her nose kissed. She doesn't know how to say it so she grabs your nose," she explains and I wonder how many times I denied my butterfly kisses.