colour

ARIA POV

"That'll be $35.52" the lady says looking up at me. I nod my head and tap my card on the machine waiting for the message of approval letting me know it was time to remove my card.

The lady hands me my bag full of stuff and I thank her, smiling and walking away. I leave the store and walk toward the car. Once I safely get in, I pull out my phone and tell Ace that I was on my way back.

He texts me back 'Ok' so I start the car and quickly drive back home smiling to myself knowing what we were about to do.

I had decided to buy some colouring pencils and 2 colouring books for Ace and I to do for fun. I had a sudden want to colour so I quickly went to Walmart and picked up a few things. I picked up some snacks and whatever too.

I make it home and grab my bag, walking to the front door, opening it to be met with Ace already standing at the doorway. He weirdly looks at me as I take my shoes off, looking at him suspiciously.

"What's up with you?" I ask him holding the bag and walking toward the living room.

"Did you pick up my stuff?" he asks peeping in the bag.

"What stuff?" I ask as I wash my hands, drying them with the towel on the stove handle.

"Baby," he whines. "I texted you to pick up my PS5 game," he says checking the bag again as if it would magically appear

"Sorry I didn't see your message," I say walking toward him and wrapping my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist and sighs leaning his forehead against mine.

"I won't lie I was really fucking excited to play that game but I'll pick it up tomorrow or something," he says leaning his head a little foreword and kissing me softly.

"I guess it was meant to be cause I already bought something for us to do tonight," I smile unwrapping my arms from his neck and pulling up the bag.

"What kind of stuff?" he smirks wrapping his arms around my waist from behind and resting his head on my shoulder, kissing my jaw.

"Colouring," I smile holding up the colouring book.

"Are you fucking serious?" he deadpans looking at me unamused.

"What?" I ask him flipping through the book looking for the one I wanted to do.

"Is Sana coming over or something, why would we colour," he says grabbing the bag and seeing what's inside, he pulls out a bag of sour Skittles and rips it open, popping a few into his mouth.

"No she's not, and why wouldn't we, it'll be fun," I say grabbing the other colouring book and the colouring pencils, sitting on the couch and setting everything up.

"C'mon sit down," I say patting the seat beside me.

I open my back of colouring pencils and finally decide on a page out of my adult Disney colouring book. I was looking through all the books in the store, I didn't exactly want to colour a childrens book where the designs were so simple but I also didn't want a adult one where it was so hard and the designs were so ugly. I found this perfect one that was 1. perfectly difficult and 2. has a bit of a children feel with the disney characters.

I choose a rapunzel page and without even realizing, the page was already colour coded like a paint by number which was even better considering I found it rather stressful to pick a good colour. I pick out my pencil crayons that looked the most like the colours already given and I start my Rapunzel colouring.

I look over at Ace who's still standing staring at me with a blank stare as he smacks on his sour Skittles.

"Why aren't you colouring?" I ask him pointing to his untouched book and unopened pencil crayons.

"Are we two year olds?" he asks me shaking his head. He sits down beside me watching the TV still eating his stupid sour Skittles. I frown at him and snatch all the red Skittles I could find knowing they were his favourite.

"You're being a asshole," I sneer as I stand up, grab my colouring book and my colouring pencil and start walking away. Before I made it to the stairs I turn around and grab the bag full of snacks and also my phone and then I storm upstairs to the office where I could watch TV, listen to music and colour in peace.

I could listen to the Tangled soundtrack as I coloured Rapunzel.

I situate myself on the office chair, moving all the papers that littered the desk so I had space for my stuff. I open a nice bag of salt and vinegar chips and open a water bottle ready to start. I connect my phone to the speakers and start blasting When Will My Life Begin, it was my favourite song from the soundtrack.

Seven AM, the usual morning line up

Start on the chores and sweep till the floors all clean

Polish and wax, do laundry and mop and shine up

Sweep again and by then it's like 7:15

And so I'll read a book, or maybe 2 or 3

I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery

I'll play guitar and knit and cook and basically just wonder when will my life begin

Then after lunch is puzzles and darts and baking

Paper mâché, a bit of a ballet and chess

Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making

Then I'll stretch, maybe stretch, take a climb, sew a dress 

And I'll reread the books, if I am time to spare

I'll paint the walls some more, I'm sure there's room somewhere

And then I'll brush and brush and brush and brush my hair, stuck in the same place I've always been

And I'll keep wondering, and wondering and wondering and wondering

When will my-

I sing loudly before I'm abruptly interrupted by the door opening, I had just finished Rapunzels dress and she was looking absolutely beautiful.

I look up at the door, seeing Ace standing there like a child with his colouring book and colouring pencils in his hand. His sour Skittles were also in his hand.

I simply ignore him and continue singing as I start on her hair. I pick up the golden yellow colour and colour number 4.

"Baby?" I hear his voice say. I continue to ignore him in the awkward second of silence as the song ended and the new one was about to start. I don't look at him as I hear his footsteps come closer to me. He pulls up a chair and sits beside me, moving all the stuff in his way. He sets his book down, opening his pencils and looking at the page I was on.

I see him flip through the book before he landed on the same page as me, he pulls out a blue colour and starts colouring the background.

"You don't have to colour with me," I tell him. He looks up at me with a bit of a sad expression before he pulls my chair closer to his and he grabs my hand.

He pulls it up to his lips and kisses my knuckles repeatedly.

"I want to okay, you were right I was being a complete asshole," he says, his eyebrows scrunched in sadness.

"I'm so sorry beautiful, I didn't mean to be so rude, I want to colour I promise," he continues kissing my hand again. He looks in my eyes hoping to see if I would accept his apology or not.

"It's ok but don't ever be that shitty to me again," I say pointing my finger at him.

"I would never even dream of it," he says putting his hands up in defence. "Now teach me how to make it look that nice" he says pointing to my colouring page.

heyyyy sorry for not posting for a while!!

i just thought of this short little thing hopefully it's good!!

word count: 1375