crush pt2

As I watch Ace disappear up the stairs I try to muster up the confidence to go up the stupid stairs. Nothing horrible can happen right?

I take the first step up the stairs, my legs shaking more with each step scared of what could happen. I finally make it up the stairs and I turn the corner to where Ace told me to meet up but when I hear a girls voice. I quickly stand back behind the corner and watch them as I peek my eye from the corner.

"Yes of course, see you tonight" he says with a smirk and a soft kiss to the cheek before the mystery girl walks away with a small smile on her face. What the fuck.

Before I can turn and walk away, my backpack falls on my shoulder making it thud onto the floor, obviously catching the attention of Ace. His head whips over to me and his eyes widen like he just caught red handed.

"Aria... it's not what it looks like," he quickly spits out as he takes a few step closer to me. I take a step away, it was too late, I had already seen everything I needed to.

"You know, I actually fucking believed you. I never thought I could get someone you, I would look at you as we stand in the halls. But when you handed me that stupid note I didn't believe it at first, Ace De fucking Luca liked me? But I decided to trust you, the look in your eye told me otherwise so I trusted you. I figured if it was all really a lie, it wouldn't hurt but when I see you kissing other girls 5 minutes after you told me all that, it does" I ramble as he just stares at me blankly, watching me as I talk.

"You like me?" Ace breathes out. His jaw dropped open as he takes in everything I had just said. I scoff as I think about how that was all he took away from my rant.

"That's not the point here" I say pushing him away when he came up to me. I see his eyes flash a look of hurt when I push him but he quickly recovers clearing his throat and keeping his distance.

"Will you at least let me explain myself please?" he says grabbing my hands in his. I almost pull my hands away but I wanted to hear him out. Even if he was actually kissing that other girl, I at least want to know.

"That was Sierra, she's a childhood friend, she's liked me since forever and I wanted to do this properly, I bribed her into setting up a picnic for us after school so I could properly ask you out" he says scratching the back of his head. My jaw drops to the floor thinking I didn't hear him right.

"I was just finalizing some last minute plans before she walked away, I said see you tonight since we were going to- or I guess i hoped we would, go and have the picnic" he says shyly "say something please, i'm feeling like a fool right now" he begs looking into my eyes for a sign of approval or denial. My heart flutters as I take in what a gesture he went through for me. He hadn't even know if I would say yes or not.

"i'm sorry I just- you like me?" I say confused. Am I hearing this right? Ace De Luca likes me? Like really really likes me? What the fuck.

"what do you mean? I've liked you since, pft, 8th grade?" he explains and I don't think my jaw can drop any lower. We're in 11th now, he's liked me for that long as I did him.

"you're joking- you can come out guys shows over" I say yelling a bit expecting people filming and make fun of me. I say it as a bit of a joke but I see Ace gets a little irritated from my joke as he scoffs.

"When will you realize that every guy would drop to his knees to be with you, you're so fucking gorgeous, you just can't see it" he says grabbing my waist and bringing my closer into his chest.

"why were you always so mean to me then?" I ask curiously as I try to push away from him slightly but his grip tightens.

he sighs before saying "I thought if I pushed you away, i could forget about you but the more I saw you the more I wanted you, seeing you everyday in english class and not being able to hold you, talk to you or kiss you tore me apart" he says leaning closer to me. I could tell he wanted to give me space but also wanted to be close to me.

"You want to kiss me?" I whisper. I just couldn't believe that those words were actually coming out of this man's mouth. To think that just this morning I was looking at him in the hallway wondering what it would ever be like to kiss him and now he confesses that he's always wanted to do the same.

"I've wanted to kiss you since the first day I seen you," he says. "I guess you've wanted to as well?" he laughs slightly looking in my eyes for an opportunity to do so. I am giving him any and every opportunity to do that too.

"You have a chance to now," I say looking at him. I see his mouth drop open a bit as if he didn't belive me.

"Are you serious?" he asks. "Cause I reallt don't want to screw this up and I really like you and I really want to kiss you so you need to tell me if you're being serious or not". He says holding my waist tighter.

"I'm being so dead serious," I say nodding my head. "Kiss me," is what I manage to say and as soon as the words leave my mouth his lips are on mine.

I feel like i'm floating as the one thing that I've been dreaming about is actually happening. His hands hold onto my waist as if I was about to disappear if he were to let go of me. I wrap my arms around his neck my hands running through the hair at the nape of his neck.

"I've wanted to do that for a long time" he whispers when pulling away and he smiles. I blush and throw my head against his chest in an attempt to cover my face. He chuckles a deep laugh before pulling my head away from his chest. I look up into his eyes taking in who was actually in front of me.

"You've wanted to do that for a long time?" I say with a little laugh. I see a tiny blush form on his cheeks when I say that. We were now both blushing messes as we try and cover our faces to hide the blushes that overtake our faces.

Lord knows what we could've been right now if either of us had told each other our feelings 5 years ago.

"Be mine Aria Amos" he says "forever". I nod pulling him down again for another jaw dropping kiss.

another rewrite!

word count: 1234